Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

hosteam.pl DDoS protection?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

hosteam.pl DDoS protection?

I'm considering to buy a vps from them for a ts3 server hosting. Many popular teamspeaks use them. Does anyone know how much does protection cost? Also hould go for KVM or OpenVZ vps on their lineup (kvm has 10gbit connection but costs alot more).

Comments

• Free, included with all services.

Not good, not bad - They harshly drop a lot of UDP and all ICMP but seem to be ok for the more obscure protocols like TS3/SAMP. Reflection wise they tank around 50G at least (did never get more on it, so no idea about ceiling).

Thanked by 1oalaro
  • It's freeeeeeee

A guy from Turkey had spammed on my TS3 server , I talked with him and all him servers is located on Hosteam.pl , cause DDoS Protection (Turkey is too vulnerable).

And yes , He have a lot of enemies and TS3 server never went offline.

• Also, EDIS being in the same DC should have the same protection at maybe cheaper price - though they likely kick you if your flood ever leaks and causes them issues.

• NexHostNexHost Member
    edited October 2015

@William said:
    Free, included with all services.

Not good, not bad - They harshly drop a lot of UDP and all ICMP but seem to be ok for the more obscure protocols like TS3/SAMP. Reflection wise they tank around 50G at least (did never get more on it, so no idea about ceiling).

I used hosteam in the past. with their Upgraded Protection. maximum was 5-20G that they would tank for me. and spoofed floods would bypass the filtering. Apart from that it works great considering it's Free.

• LordSpockLordSpock Member, Host Rep

Hosteam protection is good for game servers, I use them for a lot of my TS servers and they never have any issues - occasional drop every few weeks but other than that it can hold the rest.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited October 2015

jmckeag12 said: I used hosteam in the past. with their Upgraded Protection. maximum was 5-20G that they would tank for me. and spoofed floods would bypass the filtering. Apart from that it works great considering it's Free.

IIRC, something like that was their plan when i signed up EDIS back then, they have a redundant appliance at 20G each that can be switched into chain (so 40G+) by SW - For worst case they wanted to get a BGP session with someone like Voxility and then route /24s where required.

20G per appliance would indicate RioRey which is actually not good for TS/Gameservers, so not sure - considering their good filtering it might even be a SW solution on a normal server.

• @William said:
    Also, EDIS being in the same DC should have the same protection at maybe cheaper price - though they likely kick you if your flood ever leaks and causes them issues.

http://www.edis.at/en/server/kvm-vps/poland/ < this one u mean edis same like hosteam.pl ?