Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need VPS in HK or close
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need VPS in HK or close

Looking for a minimum of 4 cores, 1GB RAM, SSD, 1.5TB/mo. Budget: $30

Excluded: dediserve, hosthatch.

Comments

• @vld said:

Any specific reason to exclude those two ? Bad experience ? Any technical mismatch ?

• vldvld Member

@Junkless said:
    Any specific reason to exclude those two ? Bad experience ? Any technical mismatch ?

Let's just say I tried them and I'm looking for something else better suited for my needs.

• @vld said:
    Let's just say I tried them and I'm looking for something else better suited for my needs.

That is exactly why I asked the questions. If you dont know what your needs are, we might not be able to give you ideal solutions. If you can share what went wrong with them, it will be easier for others to suggest accordingly.

just my 2$/100.

• softlayer is best hongkong location
    HK bandwidth is high price.

i have 10x HK VPS Plan in vr.org
    2G RAM / 40G Disk / 400G BW $40/M
    4G RAM / 80G DISK / 800G BW $80/M
    if need PM me
    can't move to your account, just help install OS and give your ssh.

• Edis? No idea what plans they offer nowadays, but they have HK location.

• HostUS or HostWithLinux

Thanked by 1AlexanderM
  • @vld said:

We'd certainly beat your budget - curious why the exclusion?

• MadMad Member

Did you check HostUS?
    They actually provide unmanaged VPSs in Hong Kong.

• @dediserve is much worthy than EDIS LinuxVM, cheaper than EDIS KVM. While EDIS signed their IPs with ROAs but dediserve didn't, such a pity.
    For Softlayer/Hosthatch, never used'em plus Softlayer comes with high price, it's not within my consideration.

For VR.org, iirc they're not doing "small" plans nowadays, perhaps cutting resources and focusing on other aspects? Needless to say, having them backed is good and money-consuming.

I might understand @vld the exclusions, but for myself, the networking stuff powered by OnApp is just a mess and too simple. Such as I can't control dst-ip/src-port, Public/Private IP quota issues, plus you will never figure out how to do VNC without looking into the docs(They do have buttons for console, but it disconnects upon reboots and never came back).

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • lifehome said: While EDIS signed their IPs with ROAs but dediserve didn't, such a pity.

Yea, but invalid by now - This is still the one i set to the old ASN of VR, seems nobody bothered to update in the LIR portal when EDIS moved to HKNET directly and they inject the own AS in the path (or EDIS has router, no idea).

Thanked by 1lifehome
  • dediserve said: We'd certainly beat your budget - curious why the exclusion?

vld said: Let's just say I tried them and I'm looking for something else better suited for my needs.

• @tommy I'm curious on the explanation too. @dediserve is messy for networking to me only, but price(upon promo) and routes are "fine" for me. Can't find any better provider for HK like them.

@vld This might interest you, tho I had a bad experience with them. A trojan/backdoor was implemented into my server via SAN/somewhat hardware layer, making all VMs under that hypervisor a zombie. They didn't admit that, but who knows. China.

• @vld said:

Hi,do you find that one?

• qibinghuaqibinghua Member
    edited October 2015

@vld said:

i can sell one to you in my personal server. xenserver vps, china mainland optimized.

• We offer Singapore.
    You can check the speeds at:

http://lg-sg.qhoster.com

• SPeed test : hkser.xenpod.com

and i can provided you VPS in HongKong Pangnet Datacenter or VPS in China

• @XENPod said:
    SPeed test : hkser.xenpod.com

and i can provided you VPS in HongKong Pangnet Datacenter or VPS in China

Like how much? btw your link is dead.

Thanked by 1XENPod
  • gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep

@xenpod - which AS?

• lifehome said: lifehome

the link is working normally , maby it is refused foreign link .?

• gbshouse said: gbshouse

AS17444 New World Telecom Ltd., Hong Kong

• StarryStarry Member, Host Rep

We also offer HK VPS, contact us to get a quote :)

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited November 2015

XENPod said: AS17444 New World Telecom Ltd., Hong Kong

what? Your test IP is NOT announced/routed by NWT.

103.238.224.0/22 is announced by AS133731+AS55933 and the only real path i see to it is this:

10026, 133731, 55933x2

Pacnet, Royal Network, Cloudie. Zero signs of any NWT.

• gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep

@Jylee - which AS?