Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I have a 2 M visitors/m - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I have a 2 M visitors/m

2»

Comments

• I use bytemark.co.uk for production stuff and can't fault them - good support, great uptime, exemplary network.

If you are doing anything that needs decent service, use a supplier like Bytemark rather than LEB crap.

• FrecyboyFrecyboy Member
    edited October 2015

VPSensational said: decent service

VPSensational said: rather than LEB crap.

So you want to say that all who advertise/ed here (like Prometeus, Ramnode, Buyvm and so on) are crap?

• @icry said:
    I got a high traffic WordPress blog which had a max of 3800 Online....And it handled it like a boss on a 4gb ram 4core Xeon E3 VPS. But the Admin Dashboard froze after crossing 2000 Online, but the frontend was blazing fast since all pages were cached in the RAM.

Answer to this is Use Nginx+Redis Cache - EasyEngine ;)

HHVM or PHP 5.6?

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@GM2015 said:
    How is reddis compared to memcached? My wordpress 1gb installs with apache+nginx from serverpilot with memcached is heavily swapping on digitalocean.

And it only get around 300 visitors a day.

Redis can handle a lot. But as per your post, you should remove apache and use nginx / php5-fpm,

• a higher end vps or a low-end dedicated server could keep your site running smoothly. As for specific software, no worries as you can have complete control of your hosting environment with a vps or dedicated server.
    Good luck with the european host search

• @MrGeneral said:
    Redis can handle a lot. But as per your post, you should remove apache and use nginx / php5-fpm,

Yup...Right =)

• @utama said:

Vanilla version of the forum, nginx+php5-fpm on debian 8, mariadb as database, redis as caching. Nothing fancy, to be honest. PHP itself is fast enough for 100req/second.

Thanked by 1utama