Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ChicagoVPS spamming (again)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ChicagoVPS spamming (again)

NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

Do you guys remember the last time @CVPS_Chris told us that spamming addresses of people which never had been CVPS customers was an error and a one time thing?

Well, looks like the spamming is still going on no matter if unethical as long as it is profitable because I have just gotten some more...

https://i.nyr.es/Photo-2015-10-19-13-26-ZnGOkH5SJr.jpg

I am just hoping for Chris to get here again and tell just it has just been an honest mistake and this will not happen again because that's not how they do business.

Comments

• You hope for the wrong things. He's a crook, and we all know that.

Send it straight to your email provider (Gmail)'s support and mention that it's unsolicited spam. They'll start dropping their mail pretty quickly.

Thanked by 1RBH
  • agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

Got this junk too. Check out our great deal! Same old prices but 90% off 1 month!! Woo hoo sign me up!

• Isn't it managed by @Ernie now?

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

I've requested to be unsubscribed in the past numerous times but I still get each and every message.. :')

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited October 2015

@Ishaq said:
    Isn't it managed by Ernie now?

No idea, it's actually difficult to keep up with all the changes of ownership on CC companies.

@EVM_Mike said:
    I've requested to be unsubscribed in the past numerous times but I still get each and every message.. :')

Yeah, me too.

• Sue them for $500m? Or just use aliases. :>

Thanked by 1RBH
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Please pm me your emails and I'll make sure you get removed.

• 2 emails in 2 days was too much, click the unsubscribe link.

Reetus said: click the unsubscribe link

Doesn't seem to be working, what a surprise!

Thanked by 1RBH
  • Had this too. A bit odd, because Chris definitely manually removed me at least once in the past, looks like they've reverted to an old mailing list?

• MadMad Member

How did they get your email address if you are not your customer as you said?
    That's strange.

@andreamada said:
    How did they get your email address if you are not your customer as you said?
    That's strange.

They bought a host that I had servers with.

• MadMad Member

It really reminds me the GVH case.
    They used to spam their old/inactive customers even after they sold their company to Hostress.

• LESLES Member

can i haz 90% lifetime plx?

Thanked by 1netomx

I've removed everyone who PM'd me. Very sorry for the inconvenience caused.

• How long before ColoCrossing's anti spam solution starts dropping mails from ColoCrossing?

Thanked by 1GM2015

@nyr I also removed you as well just for safe measure.

Thanked by 1Nyr
  • shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

Got this spam too unsubscribe link didn't seem to work but I got a confirmation a bit later. Next time I'm marking it as spam.

• jbiloh said: Please pm me your emails and I'll make sure you get removed.

You seem so eager yet my PM is still sat there with no reply regarding a notorious spammer on your network. Stop acting like you're interested in clearing your filthy network up :)

ratherbak3d said: You seem so eager yet my PM is still sat there with no reply regarding a notorious spammer on your network. Stop acting like you're interested in clearing your filthy network up :)

Please email [email protected] and [email protected] and we'll investigate.

Thanks! :)

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

I have clicked the unsubscribe link twice (that worked)before, and followed the old 'reply with unsubscribe' instructions about 3 times before that, they still come anyway.

Just tick the box not to send it to people that have opted out, its not hard, its absolutely basic, I appreciate mistakes are made but this is the 5th or 6th time, its either a rank armature doing this, or someone who does not give a shit, personally I am leaning towards the second option.

You should NEVER have to pm an email address on a forum to be removed, and if it comes to that it should never fail, yet that has failed too as above.

Thanked by 1Issam2204
  • yep, I hadn't unsubscribed before the last one, so I unsubscribed after it, but I still got this junk today

Send me over a PM and I'll look at it personally. Thanks @hostnoob and @anthonysmith

• sinsin Member
    edited October 2015

The unsubscribe button never works =/ just like the last times it just sends you to the ChicagoVPS homepage with no confirmation or anything

@sin please PM me your email and I'll make sure you are permanently removed :)

• jbiloh said: @sin please PM me your email and I'll make sure you are permanently removed :)

Why don't you stop wasting your time with PM's and fix your unsubscribe URL, it's really not hard at all.