Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help needed - If you're Chinese and have Xiaomi/Taobao account, help me!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Help needed - If you're Chinese and have Xiaomi/Taobao account, help me!

netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

I am looking to buy the MiWiFi Mini version (the one with USB slot). I can't make an account on taobao (is asking me to write some chinese characters :/ ) and The Mi page asks me for a local card (no go). I will pay you with Bitcoins returning home (November 1).

Thanks

Comments

• @netomx said:
    I am looking to buy the MiWiFi Mini version (the one with USB slot). I can't make an account on taobao (is asking me to write some chinese characters :/ ) and The Mi page asks me for a local card (no go). I will pay you with Bitcoins returning home (November 1).

Thanks

Aliexpress.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@0xdragon said:

Bought one already, but no China delivery. So I sent it to the US.

• If you need help just post the screenshot i can guide you through the registration.

@cosmicgate said:
    If you need help just post the screenshot i can guide you through the registration.

I have already made the order, but I can't pay with Paypal, just Alipay or local cards. So I can't pay :P

Asked in the hotel lobby and he got scared :/

Maybe that's not for me, I feel bad bc even my chinese friends ignore me over Wechat :(

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

@netomx said:
    Bought one already, but no China delivery. So I sent it to the US.

Couldn't understand what you meant by this !?!

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:
    Couldn't understand what you meant by this !?!

Bought it on eBay, but sent to the US. I want this one shipped to China, as I am here.

• @netomx said:
    Maybe that's not for me, I feel bad bc even my chinese friends ignore me over Wechat :(

Dude, i use my foreign credit card to pay. No problem at all.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

A site like this might work. There's a few other TaoBao 'agents' out there as well, some of which take PayPal.

@cosmicgate said:

where? I have tried every option without success:

• Try opening with Chrome, it should translate the page for you?

@rds100 said:
    Try opening with Chrome, it should translate the page for you?

Pal, I'm not new. No form of payment accepts my credit cards :(

edited October 2015

@joepie91 said:
    A site like this might work. There's a few other TaoBao 'agents' out there as well, some of which take PayPal.

Seems interesting, tried to register but "I have an account"; tried to reset password, and I haven't received it. :(

EDIT 1: I can login, but no delivery to China inland :/

• What about "cash on delivery" - is there similar option? Don't know if this is used in China.

@rds100 said:
    What about "cash on delivery" - is there similar option? Don't know if this is used in China.

I didn't see that option on the order, and I can't order a new one :/

• so you want one shipped to your hotel/china address? if so pm me, will see what i can do.

@belinik said:
    so you want one shipped to your hotel/china address? if so pm me, will see what i can do.

Yeah! I have the order on my MI account, but I can cancel that

• Pm me your address,I think I can help you.

• @netomx said:

Go to world.taobao.com then when you pay you will have the option for visa/master debit/credit cards, because you're in China so the payment option would be Alipay or banks in China.

@wcypierre said:
    Go to world.taobao.com then when you pay you will have the option for visa/master debit/credit cards, because you're in China so the payment option would be Alipay or banks in China.

2 late pal :( @AllWOO and @belinik are helping me :)

• @netomx said:
    2 late pal :( AllWOO and belinik are helping me :)

no probs. If not because of my sim is broken that I cannot verify the transaction in Alipay, otherwise I would have helped you already when you said it at cest pit :)

Thanked by 1netomx
  • dearroydearroy Member, Host Rep

Seems OP has already gotten help from other members, but should you need any help in the future, I am also here to help.

Thanked by 1netomx

@dearroy said:
    Seems OP has already gotten help from other members, but should you need any help in the future, I am also here to help.

Thank you! Yeah, already helped me a lot, I feel good :D

• I can also help if you still need some. And for those of you need to ship oversea, there's en.jd.com, still not fully completed, but seems to be working fine.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @netomx said:

What address did you put in your account? I set as my home country account and it accepts mastercard

• @wcypierre said:

Yeah he's correct. Also when you register your account, just put your US address. When you check out at the payment page select the US address and it will opt for credit card payment.

• belinikbelinik Member
    edited October 2015

cosmicgate said: @wcypierre said: Go to world.taobao.com then when you pay you will have the option for visa/master debit/credit cards, because you're in China so the payment option would be Alipay or banks in China.

quoting on this, the whole issue is he wanted goods delivered in china, ordered in china, hence his experience is different compare to most of you guys.

now if the shop is willing to release more stock....

Thanked by 1netomx
  • wcypierrewcypierre Member
    edited October 2015

@belinik said:

I get that. However, even if you go to the global site, you would still have the option to pay using China's Alipay or China's debit/credit cards as well as to ship to any place in China. The difference is that you get to pay in visa/mastercard for the global site and there will be a bit difference when you order where they will persuade you to go for "their" international shipment (provided that you've provided an address outside of China).

Thanked by 1netomx