Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Investors needed. - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Investors needed.

Comments

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited October 2015

Lee said: Quit how? Went to VPSB?

Nah, just posted that he's quit in the Cest Pit, like all the real quitters who definitely aren't just logged in under an alt account to see what sort of response they get.

• LeeLee Veteran

Nekki said: Nah, just posted that he's quit in the Cest Pit, like are the real quitters who definitely aren't just logged in under an alt account to see what sort of response they get.

:)

• HBAndreiHBAndrei Member, Top Host, Host Rep

I just love finding these gems on LET, where I can just be like

• GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited October 2015

Thanks. I always appreciate fresh additions to my popcorn collection. Gonna rip Cameron's popcorn collection, too, before I forget about it. Google: site:lowendtalk.com "Mun" "popcorn"

• LeeLee Veteran

GM2015 said: Google: site:lowendtalk.com "Mun" "popcorn"

Because just linking to the site is too hard...

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • Must be hard, because you didn't link to it either. https://cdn.content-network.net/Mun/popcorn/

Lee said: Because just linking to the site is too hard...

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@GM2015 said:
    Must be hard, because you didn't link to it either. https://cdn.content-network.net/Mun/popcorn/

Well, you have originally posted that ;-).

Thanked by 1Lee
  • so.. you have no business plan?

• singsingsingsing Member
    edited October 2015

Where the heck is OP operating out of anyways? In U.S. it is not legal to just take random people's money for investment in a business scheme without proper SEC filings, etc.

• @singsing said:
    Where the heck is OP operating out of anyways? In U.S. isn't not legal to just take random people's money for investment in a business scheme without proper SEC filings, etc.

Portugal I think

• @singsing said:
    Where the heck is OP operating out of anyways? In U.S. it is not legal to just take random people's money for investment in a business scheme without proper SEC filings, etc.

Oh, so you don't want this 2 Million for your pizza delivery app? ;-)

• MarkTurnerMarkTurner Member
    edited October 2015

singsing said: Where the heck is OP operating out of anyways? In U.S. it is not legal to just take random people's money for investment in a business scheme without proper SEC filings, etc.

He isn't making a DPO/IPO just privately discussing investment options with individuals behind closed doors. If he publicly made a prospectus available then he would be making a DPO which is regulated.

Thanked by 1Mridul
  • MarkTurner said: He isn't making a DPO/IPO just privately discussing investment options with individuals behind closed doors.

Then how come I know about it?

MarkTurner said: If he publicly made a prospectus available then he would be making a DPO which is regulated.

From what I recall, it's regulated anyways (I could be wrong). You can ask for money from professional investors behind closed doors. You can also ask for money from people you have an existing business or personal relationship with. There are also state-level exemptions sometimes. But in all cases you have to be careful how you advertise; AFAIK you can't just advertise for investors on forums with interstate audience reach and cherry pick those you think might fit into various exempt categories.

• I wonder where some of the people on here got their business law degrees at? They should demand their box tops back.

• singsing said: Then how come I know about it?

He has specifically said no information on the investment opportunity with an NDA, so unless he has changed that, then its a textbook example of a private placement request.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited October 2015

MarkTurner said: Where the heck is OP operating out of anyways? In U.S. it is not legal to just take random people's money for investment in a business scheme without proper SEC filings, etc.

I'm fairly sure it is - That is exactly what Kickstarter does, just in promise of a product instead of a monetary return.

In EU you only need to fill with your "SEC" if you take in more than 100000EUR (individual countries may vary; if i read the law right it should be 250kEUR in MrGenerals country; some countries have different regulations that do not even require that i.e. Austria).

edited October 2015

MarkTurner said: He has specifically said no information on the investment opportunity with an NDA, so unless he has changed that, then its a textbook example of a private placement request.

http://www.nasaa.org/22284/informed-investor-alert-private-placement-offerings/

Federal law allows companies to make a private placement offering to people who have sufficient wealth or access to information that would presumably allow them to make completely informed investment decisions. Those investors are known as “accredited” or “sophisticated” investors.

When initially written, Rule 506 of Regulation D of the Securities Act of 1933 did not permit general solicitation or advertising of private placement offerings. However, the JOBS Act of 2012 directed the SEC to lift the 80-year-old ban on general solicitation or advertising as long as the sales are limited to “accredited” investors.

To qualify as an accredited investor, you must:

Have a net worth, not including your primary residence, of a least $1 million; or

Have an income exceeding $200,000 in each of the two most recent years or joint income with a spouse exceeding $300,000 for those years and a reasonable expectation of the same income level in the current year.

Ok, so OP said "serious investors" only, presumably that means accredited, and JOBS Act makes it OK to advertise as long as he only closes deals with qualified investors ... hmm, OK, wasn't aware of JOBS Act, it was passed after I last looked at securities law.

• William said: That is exactly what Kickstarter does, just in promise of a product instead of a monetary return.

That's exactly what makes it not be an investment opportunity ...

• Look up what SEC has over sight over. Has to be a publicly traded corporation is stocks sold on an exchange.

edited October 2015

lazyt said: Look up what SEC has over sight over. Has to be a publicly traded corporation is stocks sold on an exchange.

Well, since it appears OP is not based in U.S., it is moot at this point, but SEC has "sight" over virtually all investment contracts (in U.S.). There doesn't even have to be a corporation; it could even be an investment contract between individuals that runs afoul of securities law.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

singsing said: When initially written, Rule 506 of Regulation D of the Securities Act of 1933 did not permit general solicitation or advertising of private placement offerings. However, the JOBS Act of 2012 directed the SEC to lift the 80-year-old ban on general solicitation or advertising as long as the sales are limited to “accredited” investors.

This is not a private placement offer because there are no securities being discussed.

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited October 2015

@MrGeneral said:
    I don't need your input here. Thanks

I guess that being rude to possible investors is a good idea... Even if that guy only invests $10, it could be $10 from each and all his friends, even everyone here on LET. Say you get $10 from every person here. It really adds up, you know? Be grateful for any investments you get. After all, people who do something called "work" use that hard earned money to give into your project of whom will have "sure success."

Besides, why are you looking for so much money? Before anyone invests their own earned money, you have to consider what they'll think. Try thinking in an investor's perspective:

• Am I investing in a startup of which is a registered company/nonprofit?
    • Does the startup have a [sustainable] business plan?
    • Why am is the company special? Why does this "unique" project deserve investments?
    • Why invest?
    • What will I get in return?

You really need to be more specific to attract investors as they, well, will only invest into projects/startups they deem as attractive, sustainable and etcetera. I highly doubt that you will get anyone to invest (like @Brad said). More importantly, you seem to think that everyone who isn't an investor is a "troll." Honestly, this a failure of a plan and the unbearable rudeness just to get investments (plus, you said that you don't want "lowend" providers anyway, why post this reject of a investment plan here?) will get you nowhere. That's just my two cents.

Thanked by 1TarZZ92
  • raindog308 said: This is not a private placement offer because there are no securities being discussed.

Courts don't really look at whether you're using the terms "shares", "socks", "bonds" or whatever. What matters is whether it's an investment or not. Investment means a chance to earn some part of profits without actively managing the business (thus one does not run into securities law issues when starting a business, as long as everyone putting money in has some degree of actual management power in the business).

Also, "offer" or "solicitation" don't even have to be detailed enough to specify actual amounts -- shares to dollars. There has been a case in which giving out a prospectus and a business card with instructions to call back has been held to constitute solicitation of an offer to buy.

It's probable that a hypothetical U.S.-based OP wouldn't have run afoul of US securities law just with that one posting, especially considering the additional flexibility afforded by JOBS act.

But, if such an OP were to actually take money from non-accredited investors, that would likely blow up monumentally for him if the business failed.

It's not even clear that being outside U.S. puts OP 100% in the clear. If he takes money from U.S. investors, it could still trigger requirement to comply with U.S. securities law (but the JOBS exemption to take money from accredited investors only would presumably still be available).

Securities law is no joke in the U.S.; it is one area where you really have to talk to one or more lawyers before taking any action whatsoever, or the joke will be on you.

• singsing said: If he takes money from U.S. investors, it could still trigger requirement to comply with U.S. securities law

And how exactly do they want to enforce that if OP is not in the US, has no compnay there and never wants to enter it? They don't.

• singsing always seems to challenge everything anyone ever says, for the most illogical reasons.

Thanked by 1geekalot
  • William said: And how exactly do they want to enforce that if OP is not in the US, has no compnay there and never wants to enter it? They don't.

Well, if you're sure you -never- want to enter U.S., despite the fact that the U.S. is quite business friendly (as long as you follow the freaking rules), you might be OK.

By the way, I'm just talking about U.S. law because that's all I know anything about. But if you have the impression that securities law is waaaay more lax in your corner of the world, it's quite possible you might be overlooking a lot of the requirements.

4n0nx said: singsing always seems to challenge everything anyone ever says, for the most illogical reasons.

Well thanks for piping in all the time, without knowing anything about anything. If you know I went wrong somewhere, please feel free correct me.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited October 2015

@doghouch said:
    You really need to be more specific to attract investors as they, well, will only invest into projects/startups they deem as attractive, sustainable and etcetera. I highly doubt that you will get anyone to invest (like Brad said). More importantly, you seem to think that everyone who isn't an investor is a "troll." Honestly, this a failure of a plan and the unbearable rudeness just to get investments (plus, you said that you don't want "lowend" providers anyway, why post this reject of a investment plan here?) will get you nowhere. That's just my two cents.

Thank you for your input!

No, I don't think they are all trolls here. We have been planning this for about a year. The other team member has great knowledge. Never expected to get an investor from LET, at all. I know most wouldn't invest, nor they probably can afford. I can discuss everything under NDA. I have already found another solution for this.
    I apologise if my attitude towards the LET members was a bit harsh. That was not my goal. I wanted to find serious investors for a great project, but didn't want to disclosure much publicly. We do have all stuff organized and we won't give up. This is a project for life. I know lately my attitude hasn't been the greatest but we all have bad days. Even if excuses are avoidable. I did read and will consider all the posts. I will refrain my further posts.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited October 2015

Oh you are back then, can't trust you to do what you say then.

Thanked by 2qrwteyrutiyoup Brad
  • I thought you logged off?

Thanked by 2qrwteyrutiyoup Brad
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Lee said:
    Oh you are back then, can't trust you to do what you say then.

Had to reply and apologise. :)

@Amitz said:
    I thought you logged off?

I did!

Thanked by 1Lee