Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Self hosted alternative to txti.es?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Self hosted alternative to txti.es?

Does anyone knows alternatives to the http://txti.es/ service? I really want to host something like that to the public but don't want to use work hours to build a similar service.

If you is lazy and don't want to click the link, http://txti.es/ is a service that allows everybody to create and host simple pages using Markdown. When you create a page you can create or receive a password to edit it if you need. Pages will look like: http://txti.es/low-end-talk and you can edit it on http://txti.es/low-end-talk/edit (edit code: delete).

So, any alternatives?

Thanked by 2ehab bersy

Comments

• Why not just let people host HTML pages?...

• @4n0nx said:
    Why not just let people host HTML pages?...

1. Not everybody can write on HTML;
    2. Markdown is easier to learn and teach;
    3. I really like the approach of txti.es.
  • You could write simple script by your own. It's simple I guess by looking at this.

• sdglhm said: You could write simple script by your own.

EkaatyLinux said: don't want to use work hours to build a similar service

• draziloxdrazilox Member
    edited October 2015

This came up after quickly Googling. It's not exactly what you're asking but might be useful anyways.

https://github.com/cespare/pastedown

• Want to build your own?

https://github.com/mixu/markdown-styles

Thanked by 1cnbeining
  • i loved the idea and simplicity, thanks for sharing this link EkaatyLinux

Thanked by 2afterSt0rm bersy
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

EkaatyLinux said: If you is lazy and don't want to click the link, [explanation]

I love you, if only all posts were like this :P

• ehabehab Member
    edited October 2015

@rm_ said:

i would also ask EkaatyLinux out if she is a woman.

• Ole_JuulOle_Juul Member
    edited October 2015

Try WonderCMS. It's pretty simple. I just tried it here.

As for markdown being easier than html that sounds strange to me. I looked at txti.es and the html is simpler than any markdown than I've ever seen.

Thanked by 1ehab
  • Why not just promote the use of txti ?

It is free after all.

• @alaningus said:
    Why not just promote the use of txti ?

It is free after all.

Only on the price. It's not free software.

@rm_ said:
    I love you, if only all posts were like this :P

@ehab said:
    i would also ask EkaatyLinux out if she is a woman.

I do love you all, but as brothers. Sorry to disappoint you boys but I am a heterossexual boy and celibatarian. Let's talk about low end servers :P

Thanked by 1ehab
  • EkaatyLinux said: I do love you all, but as brothers. Sorry to disappoint you boys but I am a heterossexual boy and celibatarian. Let's talk about low end servers :P

How does your sexual orientation matter if you're celibatarian?

• @Maniac said:
    How does your sexual orientation matter if you're celibatarian?

Do you think that sexual urges cease to exists? I don't think so...

• ManiacManiac Member
    edited October 2015

EkaatyLinux said: Do you think that sexual urges cease to exists? I don't think so...

Obviously it doesn't, but how does your sexual orientation matter in this case? You don't have sex with anyone anyway.

Edit:
    Let me be clear what I'm talking about here right now. I was a little astonished that you've emphasized the fact that you're heterosexual even though you're celibatarian. Given that you are celibatarian, you don't involve yourself in any sexual activities, no matter what sex/gender/whatever your potential partner might be.

• afterSt0rmafterSt0rm Member
    edited October 2015

@Maniac said:
    Let me be clear what I'm talking about here right now. I was a little astonished that you've emphasized the fact that you're heterosexual even though you're celibatarian. Given that you are celibatarian, you don't involve yourself in any sexual activities, no matter what sex/gender/whatever your potential partner might be.

Well, you would understood it if I was talking in portuguese. It makes sense here so, I don't know :D

• You seem to be a knowledgeable guy, so I don't really get why you want to live a "Catholic" life.

Makes zero sense.

Computers, servers and praying to some spooky sky-god figure doesn't really mix together.

EkaatyLinux said: Well, you would understood it if I was talking in portuguese. It makes sense here so, I don't know :D

Thanked by 1Jonchun
  • wychwych Member
    edited October 2015

GM2015 said: Computers, servers and praying to some spooky sky-god figure doesn't really mix together.

But god allowed someone free will to create computers? Maybe.

No offense meant; ex-Christian turned Atheist here.

• AbdussamadAbdussamad Member
    edited October 2015

Services like these attract a lot of spammers. They will post spam on your site and then email the hell out of it. You then have to answer for their crimes because it's your domain that will show up in the email.

Thanked by 1afterSt0rm
  • afterSt0rmafterSt0rm Member
    edited October 2015

@GM2015 said:
    Computers, servers and praying to some spooky sky-god figure doesn't really mix together.

Mons. Georges Lemaître, a catholic priest, creator of the theory known today as "The Big Bang Theory", has a interesting point on this:

To say the truth, I can't see how those things can be opposable. I just can't, because the more I know about what we call reality, the more I love God and His creation.

But I'm looking forward on how this thread has changed from txti.es to my religiosity :PP

@wych said:
    No offense meant; ex-Christian turned Atheist here.

No problems, people should be free to speak and I'm really open to dialogue.

@Abdussamad said:
    Services like these attract a lot of spammers. They will post spam on your site and then email the hell out of it. You then have to answer for their crimes because it's your domain that will show up in the email.

They will only link to my service, so, no problems. I'll put a link to people that want to send infringement notices and will actively delete bad content, so no problem again. I'm not really worried about that.

• How the fuck did this thread end up being about religion?

Thanked by 2alaningus Mark_R
  • AmitzAmitz Member
    edited October 2015

@Nekki said:
    How the fuck did this thread end up being about religion?

LET Magic™

• All in the cloud now. ;)

Seriously though, @EkaatyLinux, did you try that WonderCMS that I linked to earlier? I'm interested in what you think.

• @Ole_Juul said:
    All in the cloud now. ;)

Seriously though, EkaatyLinux, did you try that WonderCMS that I linked to earlier? I'm interested in what you think.

I'm coding a clone. Will release here when finished.

Thanked by 2Amitz Ole_Juul
  • EkaatyLinux said:

They will only link to my service, so, no problems. I'll put a link to people that want to send infringement notices and will actively delete bad content, so no problem again. I'm not really worried about that.

Sorry mate but I've been there and done that and I'm telling you your host will not take kindly to having IPs blacklisted over and over again not to mention the constant headache of dealing with abuse reports. You'll be booted very quickly. Yes, it's not fair but that's how it is.

Thanked by 1afterSt0rm
  • @Abdussamad said:
    Sorry mate but I've been there and done that and I'm telling you your host will not take kindly to having IPs blacklisted over and over again not to mention the constant headache of dealing with abuse reports. You'll be booted very quickly. Yes, it's not fair but that's how it is.

I'll try anyway. If I get my IP blacklisted I will just move to a free speech host or host it on Tor/I2P.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

EkaatyLinux said: Sorry to disappoint you boys but I am a heterossexual boy and celibatarian.

So...you pleasure yourself thinking about celebrities and free market ideologies.

• @raindog308 said:
    So...you pleasure yourself thinking about celebrities and free market ideologies.

None of the two to be honest.