Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How much about /24 IPS?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How much about /24 IPS?

I want to know.:)

Comments

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

Which RIR?

• winnervpswinnervps Member, Host Rep

APNIC ? :)

• How many IPs in a /24? Ehm 256 IPs.

However looking at the other replies you probably want to know how much a /24 IPv4 costs, right?

• dearroydearroy Member, Host Rep

You have never told us the RIR you were referring to, I assume you are talking about it at ARIN.

Honestly the IPv4 market has stepped into a new stage, as ARIN has already, run out of their IPv4 resources, some provider are going to charge more for IPv4, you can still find some good deals tho.

Refered to IPv4less, simplelink and some other IPv4 leasing providers, price usually vary between $0.3 to $0.5 each, based on how many blocks you are going to rent.

• @dearroy said:
    You have never told us the RIR you were referring to, I assume you are talking about it at ARIN.

Honestly the IPv4 market has stepped into a new stage, as ARIN has already, run out of their IPv4 resources, some provider are going to charge more for IPv4, you can still find some good deals tho.

Refered to IPv4less, simplelink and some other IPv4 leasing providers, price usually vary between $0.3 to $0.5 each, based on how many blocks you are going to rent.

hello roy.

• ARIN around 50$, RIPE from 50EUR, APNIC bit more expensive.

• @William where do you get $50 /24s?

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited October 2015

From sources :) (as i sell/rent myself i will not disclose them, sorry)

• @William said:
    From sources :) (as i sell/rent myself i will not disclose them, sorry)

i want to know too.. i want to buy

• Then buy from me, because i won't give you my business contacts obviously lol - i have to eat something as well.

Thanked by 2Shade ricardo
  • patrick7patrick7 Member, LIR

By the way: It's not possible to buy IP addresses. They will NEVER be your property. The only possible thing is to do a paid transfer.

• patrick7 said: By the way: It's not possible to buy IP addresses.

Except "legacy" addresses, which are not subject to RIR policies. But there is no simple marketplace for them.

• patrick7 said: By the way: It's not possible to buy IP addresses. They will NEVER be your property. The only possible thing is to do a paid transfer.

Depends - You can obviously buy Legacy space, pretty easily even, but these are usually rather large netblocks (/16+ up to /8) and thus come at a high price. Per IP they are a bit cheaper than non-legacy due to drawbacks (behaves like PI by default, no SWIP possible). Legacy is owned by the end-user and cannot be revoked, only be returned.

Yes, but we were talking about PA space (as your offer to "sell" was about PA).

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited October 2015

Says who? I assign in ARIN from a legacy block (RIPE mixed legacy/PA/PI, APNIC PA, AFRINIC PA, LACNIC PA)

He can either rent at 75$/Month per /24 or buy usage rights for 99 years (not my idea, that is the highest my source can provide legally in his jurisdiction as it does not allow "endless" contracts) at 10$ per IP.

I earn from that around 35$ on monthly and around 3$ on sale, not much but still after tax and with volume a bit of spending money :)

Pro is that this is ARIN space but the owner is not based in US/CA (Bahamas) plus being legacy i don't need any justification and not fear any revocation.

Con is of course the 99 year limit (let's hope we have v6 by then) and the more complicated SWIP (actually no SWIP at all, only rwhois).

So you don't "sell" the space, but the usage right for 99 years. That's a big difference.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited October 2015

The law is very complicated on that. Essentially 99yr constitutes a sale; they use the same timeframe there for sale of islands/houses/ground/whatever.

You can of course break it down to "renting" at 0,008417508$ (microcent? lol) per IP per month.

• understand.