Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS or Dedicated Sever Deal
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS or Dedicated Sever Deal

I am looking to get a server for Video Streaming I am not sure what specs I need at the moment, But the Streaming will be low at first, but will become more as time goes on.

I do not want to Spend more than $10-20 a month on a Server and would prefer a Dedicated server. I think 16 GB Ram would be enough I could probably get away with less ram but need storage space.

Comments

• @Maestro said:
    I am looking to get a server for Video Streaming I am not sure what specs I need at the moment, But the Streaming will be low at first, but will become more as time goes on.

I do not want to Spend more than $10-20 a month on a Server and would prefer a Dedicated server. I think 16 GB Ram would be enough I could probably get away with less ram but need storage space.

Look at Dacentec's offerings. $20-$25 will get you a good server.

• Dual E5420, 500GB Disk, 8GB RAM, 5TB Transfer $20/month [Coupon 2Z9KX4KD8G]

https://clients.delimitervps.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=160

Upgrade to 16GB for $5/month

• Location?

• Location does not matter only price, and network reliability.

• IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep

Hello,

For streaming purpose i would rather go for a dedicated.

You'll be sure ressources are not shared and you will probably get more space.

Then don't forget to include a backup solution in your thoughts.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • @Maestro said:

Go with online dedibox XC if you want long term :)

• DACDAC Member

Hi,

I agree, a dedicated server would be best for you, because you're not sharing with anyone.

We have an affordable and reliable Dedicated for only $50/m with the following specs: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400, 250 GB Hard Drive, 4 GB Upgradable Memory, 4 Dedicated IPV4
    Ip's /30 Subnet, Unmetered Redundant Bandwidth 1Gbps Port, Linux/Windows OS, Plesk, Cpanel/WHM Control Panels, Expedited Free Setup.

http://domainsatcost.com/server-hosting/dedicated-server.php

• winnervpswinnervps Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2015

@Maestro, for streaming purposes I suggest you to go with Dedicated. If you are into youtube streaming (google's product) then you should find a place (location of your server) near their location from yours to avoid service disruption (lagging, etc.).

We've experienced the same while conduction a streaming in the past, but now thanks to youtube that allow a live streaming feature (beta).

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited October 2015

@DAC said:
    Hi,

I agree, a dedicated server would be best for you, because you're not sharing with anyone.

We have an affordable and reliable Dedicated for only $50/m with the following specs: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400, 250 GB Hard Drive, 4 GB Upgradable Memory, 4 Dedicated IPV4
    Ip's /30 Subnet, Unmetered Redundant Bandwidth 1Gbps Port, Linux/Windows OS, Plesk, Cpanel/WHM Control Panels, Expedited Free Setup.

http://domainsatcost.com/server-hosting/dedicated-server.php

That is nowhere within his "$10-20" budget. Read the thread before posting. Plus, the posted server only has 4GB of RAM in comparison to the OP's intial request of 16GB of RAM ._.

Thanked by 14n0nx