Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Building a CDN like Cloudflare
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Building a CDN like Cloudflare

Hello,

I was trying to locate some information to get me started on how I can build a personal CDN that will also hide the real IP of the web server?

Building a CDN is easy but how would I hide the real IP of the web server though?

Comments

• hm? If you run a CDN, which essentially is a reverse proxy, the end-user will only see the CDN IP, not the real origin.

Thanked by 1zafouhar
  • @William said:
    hm? If you run a CDN, which essentially is a reverse proxy, the end-user will only see the CDN IP, not the real origin.

haha this means I don't understand how a CDN works :) I better research more in that case

• MunMun Member

If you are, trying to do that I suggest getting a few KVMs from Francisco and adding DDOS protection to each one and setting up anycast on there net. CDNs are meant to bring you closer to a server as well.

• zafouhar said: hide the real IP of the web server though

Why do you want to hide the real IP of the web server? Ultimately web browsers need an IP to connect to, and CDN just presents a different IP that is no less "real" in that it can be blocked and DDoSed just as easily as the real IP.

• @singsing said:
    Why do you want to hide the real IP of the web server? Ultimately web browsers need an IP to connect to, and CDN just presents a different IP that is no less "real" in that it can be blocked and DDoSed just as easily as the real IP.

Yeah I know that ;)