Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VFM production VPS for Wordpress
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VFM production VPS for Wordpress

JunklessJunkless Member
edited October 2015 in Requests

Hey peeps,

Require a decent VPS for a few busy wordpress sites (from my last thread) without the paranoia of getting suspended for too much resource abuse (both sites coming from shared hosting accounts). Will be running Nginx/Mariadb/PHP-FPM/Zend or Varnish etc.

Minimum Specs required :

2 Cores

2 GB Memory

30 GB Disk (SSD cached for DB, if not full SSD)

500GB+ Bandwidth

Good peering to SEA (West Coast, EU)

rDNS

2 IPv4

SolusVM

OS Templates

Good SLA (Hoping it might not come to it)

Budget - Lower the better, not dirt cheap though. Production sites, so stability and uptime is VERY important.

Can Scaleway instances be used for this setup ? 1 for each site ? How about Time4vps/VPSDime/Hostus/Dacantec ? Any other recommended provider ?

Comments

• IgniteServersIgniteServers Member
    edited October 2015

LA, Location Excellent SLA https://igniteservers.com feel free to checkout the plans, rDNS available + SolusVM additional IP's can be delivered.

• Cheapest plan with KVM is 2048MB $20.00/mo
    • Cheapest plan with OpenVZ 2048MB $10.39/mo
  • Our Virtual Server package would suit you nicely. Check out http://virtual6.net/virtual-servers.html and hit me up for a discount if you're interested.

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • :) scaleway should work. At least I'd try it before anything else. The ARM cores may be a bit weak, but there are 4 instead of 2. Storage is over the network, apparently.

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • so that is it ? no more recommendations or offers ? Damn, I must be doing something wrong here.

• @ratherbak3d said:
    Our Virtual Server package would suit you nicely. Check out http://virtual6.net/virtual-servers.html and hit me up for a discount if you're interested.

Thanks a lot for the offer man. I will put this in the list, but it is a bit out of budget. :/

• Junkless said: Thanks a lot for the offer man. I will put this in the list, but it is a bit out of budget. :/

As I said, contact me and we can get that price lowered for you :)

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • Some more specs? Users per day? CPU load/type? Budget? I think scaleway would do fine for a wordpress site. If you can afford it, Online.net dedi @ 15euros can do much more than enough for some wp sites. If you don't wanna have a dedi and prefer the safety of a vps, go with IWstack ( @Maounique )or DO for scalability (if you reach limits, then, just upgrade the plan) or Inception Hosting @AnthonySmith or @DrServer . Their services are excellent and they do not sell fake limited cpu power, their products are very decent.
    It depends always on your needs

Thanked by 2Junkless drserver
  • @4n0nx said:
    :) scaleway should work. At least I'd try it before anything else. The ARM cores may be a bit weak, but there are 4 instead of 2. Storage is over the network, apparently.

+1 for scaleway. I've posted a load test here (250hits/second). Keep in mind that all resources on scaleway are dedicated and, if you need to scale, every new server will cost 1,99eur if you don't add a public IP. Every new public IPv4 will cost +1eur.

P.S.: Storage is over network, using encrypted NBD protocol, but it don't have a big impact on the IOPS. Obviously it is slower than a SSD directly attached to the server but is still way more faster than HDD.

Thanked by 14n0nx