Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What information do you require to... - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What information do you require to...

13»

Comments

• @MarkTurner said:
    You may want to be careful with that, you are technically intercepting traffic

I understand

@black said:
    And make sure you say you rate limit port 25 in TOS or something so they won't even bother signing up.

This is good but he will lose customers who will use the VPS for good purpose

How about this

State in TOS that

Port 25 will be blocked by default to send mail you have to use Smarthost that is provided by VPSSoldiers

then give SMTP relay details with authentication details

Note: I'm not a provider

• I don't think rate limiting port 25 to a reasonable amount (and contacting support for more) will result in a loss of customers.

• MarkTurner said: I dont think that is the issue, I think they just don't want their IP space blacklisted.

Could be so in this case, what do I know? I'm just saying in terms of general common sense it's a bad situation to be in. Seriously, in what market are you expected to directly compete with an upstream? Either you're an authorized reseller, with a commission, or you're just being used. Of course there's a temptation for your upstream to make you look bad so their service looks better in comparison.