Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

why is my instance taking to much ram?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

why is my instance taking to much ram?

Comments

• SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2012

Is it a KVM based box ? If so, it's because each KVM box runs its own kernel. ie, no kernel sharing with the host node.

Also, You're running mysqld which does consume some ram and transmission which again consumes some ram, small things add up and get really large ;)

• Because why not? It's not like you're using even half of it, so it doesn't matter.

• @SpeedBus said: Is it a KVM based box ? If so, it's because each KVM box runs its own kernel. ie, no kernel sharing with the host node.

nop, openvz @ catalyst

@gubbyte said: Because why not? It's not like you're using even half of it, so it doesn't matter.

Generally I wouldn't care but this isn't normal imo. That's why :>

• Unused ram is wasted ram.

http://www.linuxatemyram.com/

• @Roph said: Unused ram is wasted ram.

I know this, exept generally when my ram is used all up it's thanks to buffers/caches

Not in this case apparentally : |

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited December 2012

@skirtTight said: openvz @ catalyst

We made a leap that I wanted to make from the beginning, to stand out a little bit. We moved to VirtPanel yesterday. The panel freaks out at the idea of vSwap instead of burst ram. I should have this corrected today. My apologies and if you open a ticket I'll double your memory allotment permanently. I've already done it with several. Everything operates basically the same right now, but things read a lot easier with vSwap and some things actually do take less memory with it enabled. I won't let this be a problem, it's my burden, so I'll give any resources necessary to account for any needs.

• Is that why I have about 3 trillion megabytes of ram on my Catalyst VMs? :D

@Damian said: Is that why I have about 3 trillion megabytes of ram on my Catalyst VMs? :D

Don't scare me like that :P

@Zen said: How's VirtPanel?

I really like it now. They've stepped up their game on support, been extremely helpful in the transition. The interface is great, it really has matured a lot.

• skirtTightskirtTight Member
    edited December 2012

@jarland said: We made a leap that I wanted to make from the beginning, to stand out a little bit. We moved to VirtPanel yesterday. The panel freaks out at the idea of vSwap instead of burst ram. I should have this corrected today. My apologies and if you open a ticket I'll double your memory allotment permanently. I've already done it with several. Everything operates basically the same right now, but things read a lot easier with vSwap and some things actually do take less memory with it enabled. I won't let this be a problem, it's my burden, so I'll give any resources necessary to account for any needs.

dont worry <3

nothing critical so far

plus I already got like the best from you guys already <3