Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Recent statuscake opinions?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Recent statuscake opinions?

My nodeping subscription is on renewal soon and since I have a lifetime business account at statuscake.com I'd like to know if they have improved.

Back when I used them there were many false reports and a lot of occasions where statuscake would miss downtimes completely. Has this changed?

Comments

• I used it a 2 - 3 months ago, it was ok, but pingdom was more accurate.

• MunMun Member

"meh"

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

Nodeping is better for features and quality, statuscake looks better.

Thanked by 1NodePing
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

We are happy with Status Cake. We use them for almost two months now alongside Pingdom, and if Status Cake keeps up the good work we are going to swap Pingdom for them.

For me the minus now is that they don't support IPv6 yet, while Pingdom just released the support. They advised they are working on it and that they won't be long behind, so fibers crossed ;)

• DylanDylan Member
    edited October 2015

They still miss some outages. They're okay if you use other services at the same time (StatusCake+UptimeRobot is a pretty decent way to monitor for free) but I would not recommend using them on their own.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@Dylan I guess it depends on the test configuration and the type of outage? For example if you set a confirmation from two servers, one will be randomly selected as London, the other as Los Angeles, and the outage is only for connections from London, it will be ignored as you setup confirmation from two servers.

We've been testing extensively all kinds of tests they do and it works just fine. We are especially happy with the constant monitoring option that together with low number of checking servers provides us with almost immediate information about downtime.

• nixstats.com is usable aswell.

Thanked by 1vfuse
  • newrelic.com +1 , best!

• sinsin Member
    edited October 2015

New Relic is one of my favorites (their Synthetics for monitoring of websites from lots of locations with 1 minute intervals is sweet for being free) - I use NewRelic for website uptime monitoring and NixStats for server monitoring. Uptime Doctor is great too and they also have free 1 minute interval.

• Doesn't seem to be accurate - lags behind when sending outage notifications.

• New Relic looks nice, but they only provide ping monitoring in their free plan and I'd need something with port monitoring and the possibility to use webhooks.
    Uptime Doctor wouldn't be cheaper since I have ~20 monitors running.
    nixstats.com is nice, but I need something with webhook functionality and I'm not so sure if nixstats checks from more than one server if your server is offline.

I also found ruxit.com, anturis.com and happyapps.io, any opinion on these?

• IgniteServersIgniteServers Member
    edited October 2015

@pbalazs123 said:
    nixstats.com is usable aswell.

+1 currently using them for my status page, only thing Is I wish they had something like a non branded plan to offer of some sort and a bit more features besides twitter for the status page.

Thanked by 1vfuse
  • vfusevfuse Member, Host Rep

Removing branding will be introduced as soon as nixstats is out of beta.

@tr1cky said:
    New Relic looks nice, but they only provide ping monitoring in their free plan and I'd need something with port monitoring and the possibility to use webhooks.
    Uptime Doctor wouldn't be cheaper since I have ~20 monitors running.
    nixstats.com is nice, but I need something with webhook functionality and I'm not so sure if nixstats checks from more than one server if your server is offline.

I also found ruxit.com, anturis.com and happyapps.io, any opinion on these?

NIXstats just checks if the server is still sending data to the API, if it's not doing this for x minutes it will ping the server's ip, if it's not responding it will send a downtime notification.

Currently still working on webhooks, as well as a fully responsive dashboard, it's a bit more work than i anticipated :)

Thanked by 1IgniteServers