Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LeaseWeb USA , is Down - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LeaseWeb USA , is Down

13»

Comments

• @Frecyboy said:
    No, serious, I'll try it out soon too, looks nice.

Let me explain it to you: Google Apps Unlimited is "truly" Unlimited (especially for Drive) if you are 5 users in the domain. 4 or less users will result in 1TB each.

https://support.google.com/a/answer/6034782?hl=en&ref_topic=6043588&vid=0-635807152816090168-2675861930

• Issam2204 said: result in 1TB each.

Seems like they don't care, also saw reports about that before

• Issam2204Issam2204 Member
    edited October 2015

Yes me too, but without official confirmation I wouldn't trust to through in TB and TB of por...I mean data.

• @Issam2204 said:
    You are the only user? Wasn't also $10 per month?

I'm the only user, yes. And it's 8€/m, I just had a look again.
    They seem to not limit it to 1TB and I haven't yet seen anyone complain. They probably wouldn't just delete your additional TBs of data if they would change their policy regarding this. I assume they don't care as they probably have a lot of spare ressources.

Thanked by 1Issam2204
  • sinsin Member

MarkTurner said: Hows the disk performance on that VM at the moment?

Virginia is still on their SAN

Here's a serverbear of a $5.97 Leaseweb VPS:

http://serverbear.com/benchmark/2015/06/08/9tCcLcoj8aNTpnBw

• sin said: Virginia is still on their SAN
    Here's a serverbear of a $5.97 Leaseweb VPS:
    http://serverbear.com/benchmark/2015/06/08/9tCcLcoj8aNTpnBw

This is what NetApp with 100% Flash should bench like:

write: io=153261MB, bw=2554.3MB/s, iops=653893, runt= 60002msec

• @MarkTurner said:
    I loaded up a XenServer VM using NetApp Flash and I am getting > 1.5GB/s. That is being rate limited by the 10GE interface on the server I am using.

The app I run makes specially use of cpu and network and I have around 20 dedis to monitor so I don't pay much attention to it . I just watch the .nl box not to go over the 6 TB ( despite of having made it cut loose when it reaches 5.5TB).
    At the end of the month I just simply shut it down. US box doesn't perform as well ( maybe does 3.85 TB per month at most even considering I use it for vpn )

• sinsin Member
    edited October 2015

MarkTurner said: This is what NetApp with 100% Flash should bench like:

I believe Leaseweb puts limits on disks for their VPSes

Regardless, it's a great performer for the price and the bandwidth is fantastic - there's not to many providers offering 2 cores, 2GB RAM, and 6TB of bandwidth in Virginia for $5.97/month and my speeds are great being located 5-10 minutes from the datacenter.

They really do need to get their storage fixed on all locations though...it was fine up until recently when shit hit the fan and they had all kinds of issues in almost all locations. They're doing something on the US vpses right now, they sent out a maintenance email.

• @madtbh said:
    I have 2 servers in NL and I was moved to the new platform after a few days of downtime on the 4th of September.

Server #1:

1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 14.8413 s, 72.3 MB/s

That's what I'd expect - it's the IO they have it fixed to which seems very reasonable. This speed is consistent with what I have in NL and US. Only in DE speed is below 30 MB/s here - same after the migration to SSD as before. I wonder if they forgot to migrate my host... :o