Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pepsi is making a line of smartphones
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Pepsi is making a line of smartphones

http://www.kitguru.net/laptops/mobile/matthew-wilson/pepsi-is-making-a-line-of-smartphones/

As for the leaked specification sheet, that seemed to point to a 5.5-inch 1080p display, a MediaTek MT6592 processor, 2GB of RAM, a 13 megapixel rear facing camera, a 5 megapixel front facing camera and a 300omAh battery to keep it all juiced. While Android 6.0 Marshmallow is launching this month, Pepsi’s smartphone will sport last year’s Android 5.1 Lollipop.

Comments

• HBAndreiHBAndrei Member, Top Host, Host Rep

I like the specs a lot

• CasterCaster Member
    edited October 2015

o_0

don't love Pepsi either way

• so just cheap chinese generic phones with a logo..

Thanked by 2netomx 4n0nx
  • HBAndreiHBAndrei Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Buyer: "I'd like to buy an iPhone please"
    Store: "Would Pepsi Phone be okay?"

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@Derek said:
    http://www.kitguru.net/laptops/mobile/matthew-wilson/pepsi-is-making-a-line-of-smartphones/

As for the leaked specification sheet, that seemed to point to a 5.5-inch 1080p display, a MediaTek MT6592 processor, 2GB of RAM, a 13 megapixel rear facing camera, a 5 megapixel front facing camera and a 300omAh battery to keep it all juiced. While Android 6.0 Marshmallow is launching this month, Pepsi’s smartphone will sport last year’s Android 5.1 Lollipop.

Looks good, maybe a gift?

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited October 2015

Anyone who wouldn't be ashamed to appear in public with a Pepsi phone? Like, really?...

@rm_ said:
    Anyone who wouldn't be ashamed to appear in public with a Pepsi phone? Like, really?...

just place a sticker on the back, and it is a chinese phone :P

• Possible Advertising?

With every large bottle of pepsi you get free smartphone with free internet and free unlimited calls, forever.

• Money, money everywhere :D

• @default said:
    you get free smartphone with free internet and free unlimited calls, forever.

Reminds me of Kingsman Secret Service, they probably want to achieve world domination.

• @NeoXiD said:
    Reminds me of Kingsman Secret Service, they probably want to achieve world domination.

Great movie.

I would never use a Pepsi phone unless buying a bottle of Pepsi actually gave you a benefit. e.g buy a small can of pepsi get 50 texts 25 minutes or something.

• No thank you! I Don't like pepsi and their phone.

• What's next, Apple juice?

@vedran said:
    What's next, Apple juice?

best offtopic comment of 2015ish

Thanked by 1singsing
  • trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@default said:
    Possible Advertising?

With every large bottle of pepsi you get free smartphone with free internet and free unlimited calls, forever.

I would totally buy a phone for ~$300 AUD that gave me free internet and calls to a point. It just displayed an ad for two seconds when I unlocked it. Quick access for emergency calls and camera would be nessasary.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • I would prefer chinese phone without pepsi logo on it.

Thanked by 24n0nx rm_
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

In my country pepsi is better than coca-cola, I am not a big fan though of any such drink, but I would always prefer pepsi over coke when I can make the choice (most motels/cabins in the mountains have exclusivity deals, of course, except those that can only give you water brought with the mule from a valley spring.