Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

no RDNS for DACENTEC vps...
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

no RDNS for DACENTEC vps...

agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

dacentec says, they wont support setting up of rdns for their vps...

something absurd according to me and many more....

according to them, only dedicated boxes can have rdns

Comments

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited October 2015

What would you like us to do about this atrocity?

• 3rd world problems...

Thanked by 1k0nsl
  • don't use cheap vps for sending email then?

• The end of the World is near... be prepared.

• This is where you would utilize what people refer to as 'pre-sales questions.'

• MunMun Member

I had no problems with my dedis and getting rdns.

Thanked by 1alexnjh
  • Wow, I've had this problem like a mobth ago when I bought the Decentec VPS for $10 a year, how come I didn't think of opening a thread about this?

Thanked by 1agentmishra
  • @TheOnlyDK said:
    Wow, I've had this problem like a mobth ago when I bought the Decentec VPS for $10 a year, how come I didn't think of opening a thread about this?

Because Life's hard without love. You aint getting much from here

• @TropiThomas said:
    Because Life's hard without love. You aint getting much from here

I don't have any love in my life. and I'm perfectly happy with my life lol

• @Mun said:
    I had no problems with my dedis and getting rdns.

He said VPS.

• MunMun Member

@pbalazs123 said:

I know he did , my point is i could do it drug dedicated meaning this might be for spam prevention purposes.

• The only thing I have found difficult about Dacentec's rDNS portion is the fact they won't delegate it for you (but they will for IPv6). (again with a dedi not VPS)

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

jmckeag12 said: I don't have any love in my life.

I feel sorry for you.

• wychwych Member
    edited October 2015

@VPSSoldiers said:
    The only thing I have found difficult about Dacentec's rDNS portion is the fact they won't delegate it for you (but they will for IPv6). (again with a dedi not VPS)

Yes they will. Open a ticket.

• wych said: Yes they will. Open a ticket.

I did on 6/30/15 and received this response:

"Hello,

We do set the rDNS directly, with IPv4 addresses available for this via the panel; if you would like IPv6 addresses set with rDNS we can update this manually if you let us know the details.

Thank you,
    Chris D."

I mean its something I can deal with just, when I finally setup DNS, wish I could delegate it.

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

@Nekki said:
    What would you like us to do about this atrocity?

what can you do about this...

i mean can you really do any thing for this.

this was just something i wished to share to the community. Moreover, i never wrote here, as much as i remember, that i require any help...

@Jonchun said:
    don't use cheap vps for sending email then?

just one advice, if you run any service and a service monitor... do you expect the monitor to alert you at times... i do not think this is called running a mail server...
    any which ways, such alert mails would directly go to the junk folder... if i am not wrong.

@JoeMerit said:
    This is where you would utilize what people refer to as 'pre-sales questions.'

i agree to this. rather than crying later on, i should have done what you suggested.

• Well they could have said the VPS's don't get rDNS.. unless they did say that and OP didn't read it.

@4n0nx said:
    Well they could have said the VPS's don't get rDNS.. unless they did say that and OP didn't read it.

and this is something they did not do...

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • They also did not say that it came with a free pony. Unless a company specifically says that they include something, always assume that they don't.

• evilghaleon said: They also did not say that it came with a free pony. Unless a company specifically says that they include something, always assume that they don't.

yeah.. I can't remember the last VPS provider here that made a complete advertisement containing ALL!! at least semi important details.

• dacentecdacentec Member, Host Rep

evilghaleon said: They also did not say that it came with a free pony. Unless a company specifically says that they include something, always assume that they don't.

All of our products come 7 day no questions asked refunds for accounts without spam or abuse.

If you thought you were getting a pony and didn't, we want you to have your money back.

• @dacentec said: If you thought you were getting a pony and didn't, we want you to have your money back.

Best quote ever, thanks :P

Thanked by 14n0nx

@dacentec said:
    All of our products come 7 day no questions asked refunds for accounts without spam or abuse.

>

If you thought you were getting a pony and didn't, we want you to have your money back.

i am just thinking what would be the problem to offer rdns...

with rdns delagated, i may not have to check my spam box every time for the alert mails and notifications.

• agentmishra said: with rdns delagated, i may not have to check my spam box every time for the alert mails and notifications.

Or you can create a filter to make sure they didn't go in your SPAM folder.

• MunMun Member

@agentmishra said:
    with rdns delagated, i may not have to check my spam box every time for the alert mails and notifications.

Spam