Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

$4/GB too low for Minecraft Hosting? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

$4/GB too low for Minecraft Hosting?

13»

Comments

• @Voss said: HAHAHAHAHA you're reselling Datashack's AMD Phenom II x4 840 for $100 USD when it's $49 USD at Datashack.

Yeah, I don't see the problem here? Is it a crime to do so?

• CiriumCirium Member
    edited December 2012

Hahahahaha

Omg I think I just shit myself.

• Signup button isn't working..

• @David_P said: Signup button isn't working..

Coming Soon™

• @Voss said: I don't consider it a crime, I consider it hilarious and, at the same time, a scummy thing to do.

How so? If a customer wanted to go to Datashack instead of me because of the prices, I would be fine with it, they searched and found the people I resell dedicated servers from, good for them!

@Cirium said: I consider it a terrible idea and in my opinion you should be shot.

That reminds me of Liam Neeson in Taken.

@David_P said: Signup button isn't working..

The website isn't ready yet, it will be located at hostcrap.com once it is done.

• @lele0108 said: Coming Soon™

@mnpeep said: The website isn't ready yet, it will be located at hostcrap.com once it is done.

AGH NO! I WANT IT NOW.

• @David_P said: AGH NO! I WANT IT NOW.

• @Voss said: I don't consider it a crime, I consider it hilarious and, at the same time, find it to be a scummy thing to be doing.

Especially at the double price markup.......

• @NateN34 said: Especially at the double price markup.......

Don't like the price? Don't buy it.

• Well, atleast we found out how he makes money. Having some poor sap take his 2x marked-up servers while he undersells on the minecraft servers

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited December 2012

@mnpeep said: Don't like the price? Don't buy it.

We can still criticize you.

• @HalfEatenPie said: Well, atleast we found out how he makes money. Having some poor sap take his 2x marked-up servers while he undersells on the minecraft servers
    @HalfEatenPie said: We can still criticize you.

edited December 2012

@mnpeep: and...

Did you pay for that popcorn?

• He probably just fetched an empty popcorn box out of the garbage and asked for a free refill.

• @HalfEatenPie said: @mnpeep: and...

Did you pay for that popcorn?

@Cirium said: He probably just fetched an empty popcorn box out of the garbage and asked for a free refill.

Lovin' the hate, please do keep it up. Please do, because without you, who knows? Maybe someone would actually read the title since it will be bumped up so often.

• RobertClarkeRobertClarke Member, Host Rep

@mnpeep You're getting torn apart by literally everyone here, not sure what the point of this thread is anymore.

• @RobertJFClarke said: You're getting torn apart by literally everyone here, not sure what the point of this thread is anymore.

How so? Do you say that by confirming that I resell Datashack for dedicated servers is 'tearing me apart'? And that using leased servers for the CS plans is also somehow 'tearing me apart', even though there are tons of other hosts that do it.

Also, since you said that there is no point to this thread, then don't mind me for asking when my craftstats ad will be up? It's been weeks.

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@RobertJFClarke said: not sure what the point of this thread is anymore.

@mnpeep said: it will be bumped up so often.

As I said earlier, publicity. Everyone stop feeding the troll, please.

• @mnpeep: Canada.. Slow SSDs.. Cheap servers... This rings a bell.. Let me guess, your host is giving you gigabit lines on every server, offers a $5 500GB drive upgrade, and their name starts with a Y.

• @JTR said: Canada.. Slow SSDs.. Cheap servers... This rings a bell.. Let me guess, your host is giving you gigabit lines on every server, offers a $5 500GB drive upgrade, and their name starts with a Y.

Actually, it starts with an O.

• @mnpeep said: Actually, it starts with an O.

Huh, I didn't realize OVH's SSDs were that slow.

Well, OVH isn't bad for budget servers.

edited December 2012

Hello Future Visitors of this Thread!

To help get everyone caught up on what's going on, I (Mr. Pie) will be summing up everything that's going on here!

You see, @mnpeep runs https://www.buy.maxsmcservers.com/cart.php! A hosting service that is located in San Jose, California that is NOT registered with the local government. (Red Flag #1)

Edit: @mnpeep stated he is registered.
    Max's Hosting Services (Registered in the City of San Jose, and County of Santa Clara):
    Business License #: 70299323
    Max's MC Servers DBA Filing:
    Filing #: 568302
    VortexUnit DBA Filing:
    Filing #: 569587

(I haven't checked it myself yet)

He comes and posts a topic about selling Minecraft Servers starting at 4 dollars per GB. Curious, we initially inquired about how he planned on making a profit (hoping not to believe this is a fly-by-night operation and seeing how our investments will be preserved if we did become future consumers of his products). Unfortunately, due to either miscommunication or @mnpeep not understanding what several members of this community were asking him, it came to the conclusion that @mnpeep was sacrificing proper maintenance and quality for mere short-term profits.

It is many individual here's conclusion/knowledge that game-servers (in general) are quite a target for DDoS, therefore usually a higher price-tag is added on to it to cover the additional issues/costs of possible risk involved (server being targeted, network quality loss, etc.). It was to our knowledge and understanding that @mnpeep did factor in these costs and possibilities, therefore (to us, as providers and consumers) it was our opinion that these would not be of good enough quality. The rate of return on the investments also did not add up. (Red Flag #2)

Either way, with the two Red Flags, I personally would never perform business with this individual, but it is your choice as the reader to decide for yourself. Although please note that this individual resells the DataShack dedicated servers for twice (2x) their value.

This host, @mnpeep, looks too much of a scam or a host that doesn't know how to properly manage your service. If you are seriously looking for a cheap VPS to run your own Minecraft server on, please contact any other provider here and they'll be more than willing to point you in the right direction.

Thanks for reading!
    -Pie

Edit: Just read below and continue on. Explanations are given. I'm not saying I approve of everything but it is legit (I do believe)

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2012

@mnpeep said: s signature proves that this thread is just a publicity stunt.

S/he is Michael Jackson

• mnpeepmnpeep Member
    edited December 2012

@JTR said: Huh, I didn't realize OVH's SSDs were that slow.

Well, OVH isn't bad for budget servers.

Slower than Samsung 830 SSDs...

@HalfEatenPie said: You see, @mnpeep runs https://www.buy.maxsmcservers.com/cart.php! A hosting service that is located in San Jose, California that is NOT registered with the local government. (Red Flag #1)

Max's Hosting Services (Registered in the City of San Jose, and County of Santa Clara):
    VortexUnit DBA Filing:

@HalfEatenPie said: He comes and posts a topic about selling Minecraft Servers starting at 4 dollars per GB. Curious, we initially inquired about how he planned on making a profit (hoping not to believe this is a fly-by-night operation and seeing how our investments will be preserved if we did become future consumers of his products). Unfortunately, due to either miscommunication or @mnpeep not understanding what several members of this community were asking him, it came to the conclusion that @mnpeep was sacrificing proper maintenance and quality for mere short-term profits.

If you want proper maintenance from a $4/GB server, I would recommend expanding your budget, not criticizing a host for giving you to the ability to have a $4/GB server. If you don't want it, do not use it.

@HalfEatenPie said: It is many individual here's conclusion/knowledge that game-servers (in general) are quite a target for DDoS, therefore usually a higher price-tag is added on to it to cover the additional issues/costs of possible risk involved (server being targeted, network quality loss, etc.). It was to our knowledge and understanding that @mnpeep did factor in these costs and possibilities, therefore (to us, as providers and consumers) it was our opinion that these would not be of good enough quality. The rate of return on the investments also did not add up. (Red Flag #2)

Pay more if you want higher quality. The ROI does add up, since it would take two weeks or less to get the $80 needed to pay for the server per month.

@HalfEatenPie said: Either way, with the two Red Flags, I personally would never perform business with this individual, but it is your choice as the reader to decide for yourself. Although please note that this individual resells the DataShack dedicated servers for twice (2x) their value.

You are free to have your own opinion. If you want to use DataShack directly, please do so, you are free to do as you wish.

@HalfEatenPie said: This host, @mnpeep, looks too much of a scam or a host that doesn't know how to properly manage your service. If you are seriously looking for a cheap VPS to run your own Minecraft server on, please contact any other provider here and they'll be more than willing to point you in the right direction.

I find it quite interesting that you accuse me of being a scam, we've been around for almost a year, and we have thousands of satisfied customers (but we can't please everyone, right?)

@JTR said: Seems that mnpeep has a dissatisfied customer though:

>

It happens.

edited December 2012

@mnpeep said: Max's Hosting Services (Registered in the City of San Jose, and County of Santa Clara):

VortexUnit DBA Filing:

Well then, initial post updated.

@mnpeep said: If you want proper maintenance from a $4/GB server, I would recommend expanding your budget, not criticizing a host for giving you to the ability to have a $4/GB server. If you don't want it, do not use it.

@mnpeep said: Pay more if you want higher quality. The ROI does add up, since it would take two weeks or less to get the $80 needed to pay for the server per month.

Alright fine then, if that's what you say.

@mnpeep said: I find it quite interesting that you accuse me of being a scam, we've been around for almost a year, and we have thousands of satisfied customers (but we can't please everyone, right?)

Very well then. Personally from talking with you I wouldn't want you to have my business with anyone around you, but if it works for them then it works for them.

Also, I appreciate you took it apart and actually focused on what I was expanding on. All your previous comments didn't add up and weren't actually as clear as what you did here.

I'm not here to kick you down, its just the way you were initially presenting yourself and the lack of explanation/real knowledge/statements that just set off several alarms.

• @HalfEatenPie said: Also, I appreciate you took it apart and actually focused on what I was expanding on. All your previous comments didn't add up and weren't actually as clear as what you did here.

I am honored to clarify any questions or concerns you have. That is why I am here.

• mnpeepmnpeep Member
    edited December 2012

@HalfEatenPie said: I'm not here to kick you down, its just the way you were initially presenting yourself and the lack of explanation/real knowledge/statements that just set off several alarms.

I'm always open to answering almost any question to due with MMCS and its services. If you need some clarification, just ask. I think I was initially a bit off with my initial presentation since I was staring at the computer for about 7 hours before this thread. I also have another hour of work to do before I go to bed. Fun for me!