Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Website Feedback
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New Website Feedback

lele0108lele0108 Member
edited December 2012 in General

After about two months, I've finnaly got some final mockups of new website. I'm looking for some feedback. Feel free to tell me if you love them, hate them, etc.

Album --> imgur.com/a/TtEUP

Thanks! :)

Comments

• it looks like i have seen this design already.

• @jcaleb

Er, don't think I've posted this anywhere :P

• Hey, so it looks nice, but too "generic".

Not to be a jerk (being purely subjective here) this is what I think.

Now I'm not saying these are bad things, just pointing out where I've seen design/similar designs.

The main page just seems too passive. There are so many templates/websites out there with similar main page design.

VPS Ordering Page: http://www.host1plus.com/vps-hosting/

Dedicated Server page looks too much like this: http://quadranet.com/dedicated_servers.php

Everything else just seems like standard hostbill pages.

I think that's why @jcaleb stated it looks like he's seen the design before, its because we have.

Its a nice design though, a bit too "passive" for me (a bit more bold colors, stronger colors would be nice) but a nice design indeed.

• gianggiang Veteran
    edited December 2012

@HalfEatenPie said: Everything else just seems like standard hostbill pages.

Everything else just seems like standard -hostbill- Bootstrap pages. :D

• @giang said: Everything else just seems like standard -hostbill- Bootstrap pages. :D

That is true. You do have me there.

• Yes, exactly what @HalfEatenPie said.

• Looks pretty slick, can't help but think of Media Temple every time I see a server with flames on it though.

• I have no choice but to approve.

throws money

• @HalfEatenPie Thanks for the feedback. I've thought about the homepage for quite a lot of time. My thoughts on why it looks similar, it's a tried and working design. Though, if you have any ideas to improve/change the homepage, I'm open for suggestions.

@giang Don't think our web dev will be building this on bootstrap, but do you think this is a bad thing? What elements make you relate to bootstrap?

@jcaleb Ahh, I get it :)

@serverbear MediaTemple's marketing team has done you well.

@mnpeep :)

• @lele0108 said: Don't think our web dev will be building this on bootstrap, but do you think this is a bad thing? What elements make you relate to bootstrap?

No, this is not a bad thing :D Here are some website to check:
    https://wrapbootstrap.com/themes
    http://bootswatch.com/
    http://twitter.github.com/bootstrap/

• @giang

Haha, I use those sites all the time. Rest assured, this site 100% custom desgined.

pssstttt

• As it is, its very nice, professional and appealing.

• @lele0108 said: Haha, I use those sites all the time. Rest assured, this site 100% custom desgined.

I know but it's inspired much from Bootstrap? Well, it's just my opinion, so let's wait what the rest see :D

• @lele0108 said: pssstttt

o_O

• Looks nice. Reminds me of http://www.virt.io/

• That Jimmy dude looks like he has two twin-brothers on the same page :P. It looks good, do you have something to compare with (current design)?

• RobertClarkeRobertClarke Member, Host Rep

Really nice design, ignore all the haters here, they're just jealous that you have a kick-ass custom-made design and they don't :P

• @jcaleb Thanks, glad you like it

@giang I see, don't think it is, but anything you want changed to make it less bootstrappy?

@SimpleNode ._.

@gubbyte Haha, I beleive the virt.io website is actually a theme on wrapbootstrap. They do have a very nice site. The homepage layout they have is also very effective.

@Raymii Yea, random pictures FTW. You can see our current design here

@RobertJFClarke Don't mind the criticism, since we're always looking to improve the design before it's coded. But glad you like it.

• @RobertJFClarke said: ignore all the haters here, they're just jealous that you have a kick-ass custom-made design and they don't

Its not hate. We're perfectly fine with the design, we're just making the statement that majority of the content seems like a reuse/rehash of current existing "trend". I mean this thread basically started right after James Haldey showed us a sneak peek at his designer's work, therefore we do expect something mind-blowing.

Its a great template in general, it just seems pretty generic/standard.

• @HalfEatenPie

I've taken a lot of time to study other hosts sites, such as iWeb and MediaTemple. Although I would love to try new things with websites, I don't have huge budgets for A/B testing, etc. to be able to judge which design works better and which one does. If Mediatemple and iWeb do XXX on their website, it's a good reason they have tested it, and it works.

Just my design process when I instructed the designer. Though if you have any mind boggling ideas for the website, I would love to hear it.

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited December 2012

Well first, I was informing @RobertJFClarke that we're not "hating" on anything but just an observation.

• why not using another colour combination ? use more image maybe.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@lele0108 said: @jcaleb

Er, don't think I've posted this anywhere :P

I have to agree with @jcaleb - I'm pretty sure I've seen this design before.

• @joepie91 said: I have to agree with @jcaleb - I'm pretty sure I've seen this design before.

Call me crazy, but I also believe I have seen this design before...

• @George_Fusioned said: Call me crazy, but I also believe I have seen this design before...

It maybe from one of the websites of an LEB looks similar. Maybe we saw already because we open most of offers in LET

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited December 2012

Logo reminds me of StOrmvz :(

• jhjh Member

Fantastic design, well done :)

• @lele0108 said: After about two months, I've finnaly got some final mockups of new website. I'm looking for some feedback. Feel free to tell me if you love them, hate them, etc.

Album --> imgur.com/a/TtEUP

Thanks! :)

Lovely, looks like a lot of time was spent creating this.

• @lele0108

Well done, looks very sleak and modern rather than some overloaded "business" website

• Very nice. However I think I've seen this before. Is it a paid template? or custom?