Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

KVM Bridge
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

KVM Bridge

IgniteServersIgniteServers Member
edited October 2015 in Help

Need a bit of help with KVM Bridge, I have configured the bridge correctly but for I need getting the IP output on the eth1 when the IP output is on the bro cant seem to figure out why I am getting network interruptions though. If anyone has the time to help inbox me. Weird thing is I have it working perfectly with my first box but cant seem to get it working on my second box with private network.

Thanks

Kalon Benton

Comments

• IgniteServers said: If anyone has the time to help inbox me.

Why not post the solution here? (at least after it's solved) That way people will be able to solve the same problem when searching the forum.

• IgniteServersIgniteServers Member
    edited October 2015

@Traffic said:
    Why not post the solution here? (at least after it's solved) That way people will be able to solve the same problem when searching the forum.

Once I have a solution I will I cant post exactly what the problem is here because it involved my network IP's and such, but for sure once I have a solution with the public and private network ill post it.

• Should we be concerned that a provider needs hand-holding to the extent they actually need to ask publicly for assistance consisting of examples with their own IP's in?

edited October 2015

@tehdan said:
    Should we be concerned that a provider needs hand-holding to the extent they actually need to ask publicly for assistance consisting of examples with their own IP's in?

Look man, I'm not turning this thread into a bunch of bickering if you can help pm me if not just get off the thread please.

Thank you

P.S If I need help with something I'm going to ask for it, that is partially what this forum is for.

Kalon Benton.

• "Help me with KVM bridge" > "KVM VPS FOR SALE"

Thanked by 34n0nx doughmanes ATHK
    edited October 2015

@ratherbak3d said:
    "Help me with KVM bridge" > "KVM VPS FOR SALE"

Obviously you didn't read the thread.

"Weird thing is I have it working perfectly with my first box but cant seem to get it working on my second box with private network".

So once again like I said if you cant help please get off the thread.

• @tehdan said:
    Should we be concerned that a provider needs hand-holding to the extent they actually need to ask publicly for assistance consisting of examples with their own IP's in?

To be fair he also asked for help in "Simulating a DDoS attack"...

• IgniteServers said: but for I need getting the IP output on the eth1 when the IP output is on the bro cant seem to figure out why I am getting network interruptions though.

Please provide a bit more information or an example because I for one can't understand this sentence. Posting outputs from ifcfg might be a start.

• Obviously this thread is getting nowhere, I guess this is what happens when you ask for help on a forum with a help section.

Flagged for close.

• racksxracksx Member
    edited October 2015

Hi,

• 1.are you using solusvm?
      1. is your private vlan routed to your server ?, ask your dc support about it.
      1. have you check the routing are them setup correct?
    Thanked by 1IgniteServers
  • It would get somewhere if you provided some worthwhile information allowing us to assist you. You've basically told us it's not working and that's all.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited October 2015

IgniteServers said: Obviously this thread is getting nowhere, I guess this is what happens when you ask for help on a forum with a help section.

Usually, people are willing to help alot in this forum. But, you have to be specific and clear in the public thread. Asking competitor providers to help you in private make no sense, because it is not a help to the community. If you want commercial help, then, as a provider, you should buy it. Ask for a tech to solve your problem and set a price that fit your budget.
    Or, publish all the generic details about the issue and wait for other people to respond here in public, to become common knowledge for the others. This is the goal of a forum, not private commercial help for free.

And a suggestion: you are a provider. Posts like this, asking how to set up a KVM bridge to your node, are hurting your image. I would not trust a provider asking for such kind of advice in a public forum, because this would make me suspect that he is incapable to resolve more serious problems in his nodes. If I were you, I would hire a tech to resolve it for me, without making this public.
    Just my 2 cents...

edited October 2015

@jvnadr said:

>

If I wanted someone to do it for me id hire someone, quite frankly I didn't ask how to setup the bridge ;

"I have configured the bridge correctly"

but thanks for your 2 cents.. ...

Also my main KVM node is already setup "and yes I set it up" although I am having quite a hard time with the private network setup which was the whole concern about this thread, this node is not for customer use.

• IgniteServers said: If I wanted someone to do it for me id hire someone, quite frankly I didn't ask how to setup the bridge ;

"I have configured the bridge correctly"

but thanks for your 2 cents.. ...

Yet you still can't clarify what the issue is?

• IgniteServers said: "I have configured the bridge correctly"

If it is not working, then, you have not configured the bridge correctly. And, If you cannot find the solution by yourself, then, you need the help of a guy that has knowledge better than yours to do it.
    If I were you, I would stop even continue posting to this thread. Wise demand to the mods from you to close the thread...

Thanked by 2Issam2204 ATHK
  • tehdantehdan Member
    edited October 2015

@IThinkUFailed said:
    To be fair he also asked for help in "Simulating a DDoS attack"...

Well setting up your bridge wrongly is a good start :)

Seriously though - would you not just set up a separate account if as a host you needed to ask basic networking questions?

@IgniteServers if this thread has been de-railed it's in no small part due to the alarming lack of detail/clarity in the original request. Obviously it's fine to ask questions, if you'd given a coherent description of the problem in the first place I probably could have helped you out.

My concern is that your next question will be 'my bridge is functioning perfectly, but nobody wants to buy my services, what shall I do?'

Thanked by 1Issam2204
  • Well, either I am dumb or just plain dumb. The problem was instead of using the private network interface via solusVM as eth0 I had it set to eth1 so in fact I had the bridge setup correctly the whole time but the SolusVM setting wrong, well test are test all you can do is learn from em.

Thanks for all the help.

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

@IgniteServers said:
    Well, either I am dumb or just plain dumb. The problem was instead of using the private network >interface via solusVM as.......
    Thanks for all the help.

Your problem is solved? If not then reply me and I will help you to setup KVM bridge. (its so easy to setup a KVM bridge)

• @DewlanceVPS said:

Yes I solved it simple had the main interface in SolusVM set wrong, was fooling around with the private network and screwed up some stuff trying to play around with things, was for testing purposes so no hard done, but thanks.

• IgniteServers said: Well, either I am dumb or just plain dumb. The problem was instead of using the private network interface via solusVM as eth0 I had it set to eth1 so in fact I had the bridge setup correctly the whole time but the SolusVM setting wrong, well test are test all you can do is learn from em.

Easily done with SolusVM.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@tehdan said:

I ask other providers for advice all the time. No shame to be had in learning things. Even a skilled sysadmin needs a hand from time to time.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Sometimes it's now what you know, it's who you know.

Thanked by 2jar IgniteServers
  • Jar said: I ask other providers for advice all the time. No shame to be had in learning things. Even a skilled sysadmin needs a hand from time to time.

Please don't compare yourself to IgnitesHisServers :)

• deadbeefdeadbeef Member
    edited October 2015

@IgniteServers said:
    Well, either I am dumb or just plain dumb

Considering the other thread where you used the Looking Glass's IP on the Looking Glass itself and posted a latency result that required speeds faster than light for the supposed distance, I'm not sure which to pick either :)

• Jar said: Even a skilled sysadmin needs a hand from time to time.

Other industries call this a review / "2nd pair of eyes"

Thanked by 1jar
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@deadbeef said:

I hope this is a joke lol

Thanked by 24n0nx deadbeef
  • @EVM_Mike said:

No. It wasn't. He actually pinged the looking glass IP with looking glass.

Thanked by 34n0nx ahmiq deadbeef
  • JonchunJonchun Member
    edited October 2015

****> @EVM_Mike said:

Sorry to pop your bubble :( no jokes here