Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[NEWS] LastPass Joins the LogMeIn Family - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[NEWS] LastPass Joins the LogMeIn Family

2»

Comments

• I'm using Enpass now.

• TomTom Member

I'm using KeePass now - would you say Google Drive is a good way to keep the database file intact?

• @Yoda said:
    I'm using KeePass now - would you say Google Drive is a good way to keep the database file intact?

Absolutely not.

Safe it offline and secure somwhere on a digital storage device. Most probably it should be encrypted with VeraCrypt or the last TrueCrypt version that is supposed to be safe and official: 7.1a.

• Hidden_Refuge said: Safe it offline and secure somwhere on a digital storage device. Most probably it should be encrypted with VeraCrypt or the last TrueCrypt version that is supposed to be safe and official: 7.1a.

It is already encrypted, why would you need to encrypt it twice?

• teknolaizteknolaiz Member
    edited October 2015

Twice secure is better. If it is you may leave out a device encryption and store it offline safely on a digital storage device. Can't have enough encryption ;).

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Hidden_Refuge said: Twice secure is better.

To quote Hidden_Refuge, "Absolutely not."

There's nothing wrong with storing your encrypted KeePass or pwSafe database on cloud storage.

• @raindog308 said:
    There's nothing wrong with storing your encrypted KeePass or pwSafe database on cloud storage.

Well, whatever. I don't leave my data even if encrypted on servers of US companies...

• Damn I just renewed my subscription

• Why is everyone moving from lastpass to other password managers? :o

• Ugh, I just got premium after all these years and was loving it too.

• moved successfully from lastpass to 1password. $23.99 lifetime license is not bad. though there are lot of features from lastpass that im missing. :/

• @drazilox said:
    KeePass & SpiderOak is pretty good combo IMO. KeePass's Windows and Android clients are pretty good, could work better in Linux though. Don't own OS X or iOS devices so can't comment on them, although, it uses Mono in OS X too, so I'd assume it's similar to Linux.

Agreed, I'm using KeePass and it's working pretty well on my desktop and mobile devices

• GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited October 2015

Latest KeepassX beta I've installed from source seems to have messed up my icons in the DB, but it's still very stable and solid.