Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHMCS v6.0, Purchasing stock '0' items. Anyone faced this type of problem ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WHMCS v6.0, Purchasing stock '0' items. Anyone faced this type of problem ?

We've upgraded our portal to v6 a while back and we routinely check our orders manually (Specially paid and auto setup completed ones) every 3-4 days. Today one of our support desk assistant found out that someone had ordered a older VPS package that we used to sell and no longer in stock and retired.

He/She was also able to do the payment and due to the fact that our api (we were using our own vps panel back then) is removed, auto provision didn't end up well. I've raised him/her a ticket to resolve issue with his/her side. So that wouldn't be an issue.

On other hand, myself and two others from our system checked and couldn't able to reproduce this bug. Stock was = 0 and product was at the retired stage. Still that one customer was able to place an order.

Anyone seen this error ? If so, what was the cause. (We're suspecting cookies or browser storage)

Thank you.

Comments

• You sure a current client that was on the retired package didn't cancel? That would have raised stock to 1, let the new client order, then put stock back to 0.

• Jonchun said: You sure a current client that was on the retired package didn't cancel? That would have raised stock to 1, let the new client order, then put stock back to 0.

Yes. We're pretty sure that no old client canceled. We've checked the system for cancellation requests also. This is a pretty awkward situation. :\

• @sdglhm said:
    Yes. We're pretty sure that no old client canceled. We've checked the system for cancellation requests also. This is a pretty awkward situation. :\

Not sure why its awkward. Just tell the client you no longer offer what he ordered and refund... Or redirect him to a package you do offer...

Maybe contact WHMCS directly to see if they can help figure out what happened?

• Jonchun said: Not sure why its awkward. Just tell the client you no longer offer what he ordered and refund... Or redirect him to a package you do offer...

Maybe contact WHMCS directly to see if they can help figure out what happened?

Yes. I've raised a ticket with client mentioning both options. Awkward thing is, I've pinged few of my friends who're using v6 and they haven't came across with something like this.

One from our dev already raised a ticket with WHMCS. Was eager to know that anyone had the same problem.