Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who's got the best DDOS protection nowadays!?!?!??! - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Who's got the best DDOS protection nowadays!?!?!??!

13»

Comments

• SpartanHostSpartanHost Member, Host Rep

@TheOnlyDK said:
    Thread jacking: is ddos protection the same as ddos mitigation?

In the sense being talked about here, yes. Sometimes providers term 'DDoS protection' as basic nullrouting when an attack hits therefore the term 'DDoS mitigation' avoids confusion.

Thanked by 1TheOnlyDK
  • Let me know if you did not find any yet, I can assist in L7 protection, L4 protection is not our specialty, but our L7 protection has never been taken down.

• @TheOnlyDK said:
    Thread jacking: is ddos protection the same as ddos mitigation?

No, in most cases ddos protection is the size of a DDoS that is protected against (port size, firewalls or load balancers) whereas mitigation, is the ability to mitigate, or respond to a DDoS attack successfully.

Thanked by 1TheOnlyDK
  • We offer 5Gbps DoS / DDoS protection it is in house protection we developed anything over will be null routed, the protection is very low and I know this, but something is better than nothing.

• @TheOnlyDK said:

DDoS filtering and DDoS mitigation are interchangeable. Now, DDoS protected is not necessarily the same thing. Some hosts are a bit deceptive and say "Well, we null route you, so you don't get charged with bandwidth overages, so you're technically DDoS protected". If there's no quantity, it probably means they just null route you. If they say "10 Gbps of Protection", that should mean you'll be able to accept attacks up to 10 Gbps.

@oalaro said:

It sounds more like you get hit with some large attacks! We offer 10 Gbps mitigation, which is enough for most attacks, but hitting over 20 Gbps is pretty crazy consistently.

Thanked by 1TheOnlyDK