Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Quadranet LA DC
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Quadranet LA DC

IgniteServersIgniteServers Member
edited October 2015 in General

Anyone co-lo with Quadranet LA datacenter, just trying to get some insight on them I just got a pretty good deal on a quarter cabinet, I had recently decided to go with CC for co-lo but searched around a bit and stumbled upon Quadranet anyone had any one on one experience with that DC and care to shed some light on uptime and infrastructure.

Comments

• ItsChrisGItsChrisG Member
    edited October 2015

A 1/4 rack with how much power? How much bandwidth? How many IPv4s?
    Whats your budget to get you a great setup and still let you operate a business?

• IgniteServersIgniteServers Member
    edited October 2015

@ItsChrisG said:
    A 1/4 rack with how much power? How much bandwidth? How many IPv4s?
    Whats your budget to get you a great setup and still let you operate a business?

Well my budget for co-lo was $400/mo was going to actually get co-lo in early 2016 but was just browsing around for good prices they offered me /26, 20amp,100Mbps. You know any other good co-lo in LA other than Quadranet, not gonna put the price out that they offered me but it was a pretty sweet annual deal.

• singsingsingsing Member
    edited October 2015

IgniteServers said: /26, 20amp,100Mbps but the best part was $2,286/yr.

Less than 1/3 of their posted price for twice the bandwidth and twice the power? That's practically a mere 6th of the posted price.

Update: I think I must've looked at the wrong line, it is 2/3 price not 1/3 price ...

Thanked by 1shell
  • @singsing said:h
    Less than 1/3 of their posted price for twice the bandwidth and twice the power? That's practically a mere 6th of the posted price.

Its a pretty sweet deal which is why I posted, so what's the catch in the price is it the network?

• 100Mbit/s for the complete 1/4 Rack? That seems pretty slow

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
    edited October 2015

iffi said: 100Mbit/s for the complete 1/4 Rack? That seems pretty slow

Yes, 100mbit port speed, shared across everything, is not ideal.

Still, major players like OVH have plans where they do not let you burst above 100mbit, so that is not necessarily so terrible. The thing to do would be to put in kick-ass power-burning hardware and charge more per client for top specs. Basically, sell "large" plans only. That way you don't run out of bandwidth by having too many clients on 100mbit shared.

Thanked by 1IgniteServers
  • 100Mb of B/W is about 25 - 30TB of bandwidth. I doubt you need more then that on a quarter rack. Plus it's probably 1GB port over 100Mbps B/W.

• OnraHost said: Plus it's probably 1GB port over 100Mbps B/W.

Quadranet is $10/mo to upgrade your 100mbit to 1gbit port, at least when I started to colo there many years ago

IgniteServers said: Anyone co-lo with Quadranet LA datacenter

I have 2 cabinets in the LA location, been with them since "Billing Start Date: Jun/20/2011" and while they are still excellent, I will say the overall value has decreased over time. In the past, I would build my hardware to match what they offered so I could use their parts inventory as spare hardware, paying a small premium for those parts for the added value of not needing to carry inventory and instant access to their inventory, now I keep a 3U drawer with select spare parts.

They only offer null routing as DDoS mitigation, no filtering, even for a fee, and every quote I've seen from others start at $1k/mo to get filtered traffic. I just buy protected IP's from @francisco and GRE them from Las Vegas for the few devices that I wish to protect. This isn't a huge negative in my book about Quadranet, as most of my users follow the "Don't be a dick" rule with flying colors, but sometimes stuff happens :(

When you need remote hands support, they are as reasonable as most others, and the job gets done, but I think they need a new elevator, techs get trapped moving around their facility. They also offer no charge IPKVM devices if you need on 4 hour intervals, but don't put junk in your cabinet, make sure you have IPMI access on the boards, the IPKVM's are in use sometimes, and if that can happen when you need it most, it will surely happen.

• IgniteServersIgniteServers Member
    edited October 2015

@miTgiB said:

Thanks, thanks, thanks man just what I needed to know, as for the DDoS protection I will actually be offering my own custom DDoS protection so I'm fine with no filtering.

• @miTgiB said:
    while they are still excellent, I will say the overall value has decreased over time.

Besides for the spare parts, what would you say has decreased the value of their services?

• Steven_F said: Besides for the spare parts, what would you say has decreased the value of their services?

I'm not so negative on them that I would move, but the spare parts was a huge thing for me, NewEgg is next day ground, Amazon I have prime, so usually 1-2 day as well. Based on other colo's I'm in, they are the best still, but sometimes I get grumpy, I am over 50, so it's almost as allowed as a woman changing her mind.

Thanked by 2iKeyZ mpkossen
  • NexHostNexHost Member
    edited October 2015

I would suggest you take a look at Globalfrag in Los Angeles. you won't be disappointed :)

• @jmckeag12 ill be taking a better look at all of them ill be out in the area early next month.

• NexHostNexHost Member
    edited October 2015

@IgniteServers said:
    jmckeag12 ill be taking a better look at all of them ill be out in the area early next month.

Sounds good.

Globalfrag uses Coresite LA2 is a excellent DC. :)

Happy client of Globalfrag after 9 months of service. I think lol. and no network outages. everything just works as expected.

• @IgniteServers said:
    Thanks, thanks, thanks man just what I needed to know, as for the DDoS protection I will actually be offering my own custom DDoS protection so I'm fine with no filtering.

Useless with a gig port, and quadranet very much like nullrouting

• We have a VPS node with them. The service has been great and the node has not dropped once. We have been with them for 51 days as of now. Talk to @QuadraNet_Adam

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

I recommend them. For good deal, you can also contact Swiftnode.

• Talk to Adam. Amazing guy we in Miami and brilliant service. Adam and Andrew and some pretty good guys to know if you want a deal or 2.

• @TropiThomas said:
    Talk to Adam. Amazing guy we in Miami and brilliant service. Adam and Andrew and some pretty good guys to know if you want a deal or 2.

Yes Adam actually just gave me a hot deal on a server until I'm ready to co-lo, Adam is exactly who I was talking to, in the LAX location.

• @davidgestiondbi said:
    I recommend them. For good deal, you can also contact Swiftnode.

Also chatting with someone from Swiftnode also for future opportunities.

• You should also contact Psychz for some good deals. See if george [at] psychz.net can hook you up.

Thanked by 1PhotonVPS
    edited October 2015

OnraHost said: 100Mb of B/W is about 25 - 30TB of bandwidth. I doubt you need more then that on a quarter rack. Plus it's probably 1GB port over 100Mbps B/W.

Not according to Quadranet's website. Gbit port is only even an option for single-server colo. They make it pretty clear that you only get a single 100mbit unmetered for the entire 1/4 rack.

• PhotonVPSPhotonVPS Member, Host Rep

@Jonchun said:
    You should also contact Psychz for some good deals. See if george [at] psychz.net can hook you up.

Thanks for the recommendation!

• I've been Quadranet for ~3 months now directly, was with a reseller for a couple months before that. Service has been pretty good so far, other than a short 15-20 min outage last week due to a 'networking event'.

Until the downtime blip I haven't had to ticket about anything else.

I've also been with @Incero (Seattle) for about a year and every aspect of the service has been flawless, so if they ever launch an LA location or you're good with Seattle/Dallas I would highly recommend taking a look at them.

• @mikeyur said:
    I've been Quadranet for ~3 months now directly, was with a reseller for a couple months before that. Service has been pretty good so far, other than a short 15-20 min outage last week due to a 'networking event'.

I've also been with Incero (Seattle) for about a year and every aspect of the service has been flawless, so if they ever launch an LA location or you're good with Seattle/Dallas I would highly recommend taking a look at them.

LA is a good location for me, my main goal my mid 2016 is to have a few servers on the East Coast USA, West Coast USA and one in Europe. I also had took a look at Incero not sure it would make since for me to have a server in Seattle and a server in LA lol but the prices are competitive.

• If you're good with any west coast location, then contact Incero and see what they can do for you in Seattle. I haven't had a single blip in a year and support is top notch.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • edited October 2015

@IgniteServers We sincerely appreciate the opportunity, thank you for choosing QuadraNet and we look forward to working with you on your colocation needs soon as well. Please get in touch with me when you'll be in the area as I would love to show you around our datacenters.

singsing said: Not according to Quadranet's website. Gbit port is only even an option for single-server colo. They make it pretty clear that you only get a single 100mbit unmetered for the entire 1/4 rack.

We can offer Gbit port with ease. A lot of the things we offer can actually be customized. Many of our clients are seeking different types of plans that are completely different from what we list on our website as every client's needs can be different, some have bandwidth intensive needs, some have IP intensive needs, others are looking for other particular characteristics, etc - just let us know what type of configuration you're looking for and we can put together an aggressive pricing special for you!

jzabel said: We have a VPS node with them. The service has been great and the node has not dropped once. We have been with them for 51 days as of now. Talk to @QuadraNet_Adam

davidgestiondbi said: I recommend them.

TropiThomas said: Talk to Adam. Amazing guy we in Miami and brilliant service. Adam and Andrew and some pretty good guys to know if you want a deal or 2.

mikeyur said: I've been Quadranet for ~3 months now directly, was with a reseller for a couple months before that. Service has been pretty good so far, other than a short 15-20 min outage last week due to a 'networking event'.

Thank You! On behalf of the entire QuadraNet team, we appreciate your trust, loyalty, and business.

Thanked by 1gestiondbi
  • @QuadraNet_Adam said:
    Thank You! On behalf of the entire QuadraNet team, we appreciate your trust, loyalty, and business.

Can't wait to see his co-lo review.

Thanked by 2IgniteServers 4n0nx
  • Quadranet = Colocrossing ? correct me if wrong

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

@yhuza said:
    Quadranet = Colocrossing ? correct me if wrong

Not Quite like that as you're thinking. Quadranet is the DC & Colocrossing has racks in Quadranet & many people uses Quadranet through CC.