Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Possible to mount multiple external storage to one mount point?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Possible to mount multiple external storage to one mount point?

TheOnlyDKTheOnlyDK Member
edited October 2015 in Help

I'm finding that I'm running out of storage space on my dev VPS, I don't really want to upgrade the specs just to get more disk space (as I have more than enough RAM and CPU). So is it possible to mount some of my smaller VPS to this one either via SSHFS or whatever and extend an existing mount point? Say /home.

EDIT: To make it clear, what I mean is my dev has 10GB storage, I want to extend /home to make it 20GB in total.

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• SSHFS requires FUSE to work, so you'll have to make sure your VPS supports it.

Once that works, you can use MHDDFS to set up a mountpoint that distributes the files written to it between the local disk and the SSHFS mountpoint.

Thanked by 1TheOnlyDK
  • @ucxo said:
    SSHFS requires FUSE to work, so you'll have to make sure your VPS supports it.

Thanks for the reminder, both boxes are KVM, so I think it should be fine. I'll give it a try and see if it works.

• Have a look at glusterfs too

Thanked by 1TheOnlyDK
  • Never thought that there's such a solution. If you are successful, please write some short tutorial for the later comer.