Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The joys of HostSlim/VPSSlim - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

The joys of HostSlim/VPSSlim

2»

Comments

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@unused said: And if you're stupid enough to think someone won't do this when you pay LEB prices, you deserve what you get.

Well, I know who never to buy services from then.

• @ElliotJ said: As it's for shoutcast streaming, I'm presuming that a decent amount of bandwidth would be needed.

I'd personally suggest @jkr1711 to get a 2GB Kimsufi. MP3 transcoding isn't too taxing and a Celeron should be able to deal with it with no problems.

The Kimsufi comes only with 5TB right? Or is it unmetered?

• herbyscrubherbyscrub Member
    edited December 2012

@jcaleb said: The Kimsufi comes only with 5TB right? Or is it unmetered?

It officially says 5TB @ 100Mbps and then anything past that will be at 10Mbps.

The only problem is that their bandwidth accounting is terribly inaccurate(in your favor though).

• @herbyscrub said: The only problem is that their bandwidth accounting is terribly inaccurate(in your favor though).

They have good connectivity right? Since they are huge

• @jcaleb said: They have good connectivity right? Since they are huge

I've had the 2G for about 9 months now and it's always been 100% with uptimerobot. I'm in NYC and have zero problems bursting the full 100Mbps although generally I only get about 2.4MB/s on a single connection. Have to use a multithreaded download manager.

• @herbyscrub said: I've had the 2G for about 9 months now and it's always been 100% with uptimerobot. I'm in NYC and have zero problems bursting the full 100Mbps although generally I only get about 2.4MB/s on a single connection. Have to use a multithreaded download manager.

thank you

• I'm also looking to move to another host but kimsufi doesn't look like it has good CPU mainly cause I'm hosting a comic site (lots of concurrent users) :( I'm looking for Netherlands only!