Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

| INCEPTION HOSTING -|- XEN PV - UK - 128MB - €18.00 p/year with Choice of FREE upgrade |
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

| INCEPTION HOSTING -|- XEN PV - UK - 128MB - €18.00 p/year with Choice of FREE upgrade |

AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
edited December 2012 in Offers

Hi Folks,

The 128MB Plans are now available in the UK and I am kicking them off with a promo.

What you get:

2 Cores (Equal Share)
128MB Ram
128MB Swap
7GB HDD
300GB Bandwidth @ 100mbit
1 x IPv4

PROMO CODE: LETDEC128

Order Link: https://clients.inceptionhosting.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=55

PRICE: €18.00 p/year ($23.22)

**FREE Upgrade choice:

1) Upgrade disk to 10 GB
2) Upgrade Bandwidth to 350 GB**

Enter your upgrade choice (not both) during checkout in the notes or open a ticket, note that disk upgrades will require a reboot.

Test IP: 149.255.111.6

IPv6 will be available very soon.

Thanks for reading.

Anthony.

Comments

• UK only? no NL?

• Any chance of really lowend offer, with half of the ram? Would be perfect for vpn.

• good to see you're still afloat after teh snelserver fiasco. when i'm in need of a uk vps i'll poke you :P

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@dannix Probably not the last lot of 64mb VPS's have been almost nothing but trouble.

@fly most customers were understanding and if anything snel have upped their game since then.

Anthony.

• dannixdannix Member
    edited December 2012

@AnthonySmith, this is a pity. What troubles do you mean? I have an inceptionhosting 64MB plan in NL, and I'm very happy with it.

@dannix the 64mb plans were meant for experts only as you have to run your own kernel under Xen, sadly people bought it based on price only and ended up swapping 24x7 which hurt disk IO.

The 64mb plans were just to use up free space, if I actually sold them as a regular product it would be at a loss overall.

I suppose I could release a small number of them but it would be at the €10 p/year mark?

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited December 2012

@AnthonySmith said: I suppose I could release a small number of them but it would be at the €10 p/year mark?

Why not? Just do it :) Whoever will want it will get it. Location (I have vps since 2008 somewhere near your box) is more than worth of it. Apart from being slow with IPv6 implementation from end user point of view I can't find any flaw of this DC. Very stable.

@Spirit

The main reason being is that for example if I released them as a generally available plan and they sold as fast as they did last time I could end up with a huge amount on a single node, with every running domU on the Xen host it eats just as much resource against the host as a regular plan, in theory I could fit 720 64mb plans on a single node and that would be a nightmare to manage not to mention the IP requirements.

It is always hard to know exactly what level of plan to release for example a lot of people in #lowendbox insist that the traditional LEB style server market is dead and now it is all about how much ram you can get for under $7.00 p/m, I completely understand this from a consumer perspective however it irritates me a little that people actually believe they really are getting 2GB ram for $7.00 p/m while my stance has always been more on a real LEB and what the whole site was founded on i.e. what you can do with a little bit of RAM on a fair but cheap deal.

I realise I am contradicting myself a little by not offering 64mb plans so freely but a balance needs to be struck to make sure some quality is maintained and for me the furthest stretch is 128MB and even then the number of them is kept under control.

I take you point though Spirit and your opinion as a long served member matters to me so I will see what I can do while keeping sustainable.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited December 2012

@AnthonySmith said: for example a lot of people in #lowendbox insist that the traditional LEB style server market is dead and now it is all about how much ram you can get for under $7.00 p/m

That's sadly true but then again, there are still people who prefer quality over quantity and place for hosts like inceptionhosting -> hosts who take a lot of pride in what they do. Whatever you will do and decide I am pretty sure that you will do it great.
    (that's not blind praising but from observation)

• @AnthonySmith said: I suppose I could release a small number of them but it would be at the €10 p/year mark?

That's great. What specs would they exactly have?

@dannix

Probably 64/64 with 5 or 6GB space and 150 - 200 GB bandwidth.

• bobbybobby Member
    edited December 2012

Id love an uk 64 xen with you :) Got 2 nl without any hicks

• @AnthonySmith said: Probably 64/64 with 5 or 6GB space and 150 - 200 GB bandwidth.

64/64 ram, 2-3 GB space and 200 GB bandwidth (250 GB with bandwidth upgrade option) for 10€ would be a very nice offer.

Native IPv6 now available for all UK VPSes, working on the 64mb idea now.

OK 64MB Plan:

64 MB Ram
    64 MB Swap
    6 GB Disk
    1 x IPv4
    5 x IPv6
    200 GB Bandwidth @ 100 mbit
    €10.00 p/year
    Paypal/Moneybookers
    Currencies: GBP/EUR/USD

Order Link: https://clients.inceptionhosting.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=64

Only 30 will ever be available in the UK.

edited December 2012

64MB Plans removed, trouble straight away, 2 people living in swap and 3 people ordered and selected a 64bit 3.x kernel causing panic and 6 cores being maxed out constantly.

This sort of thing just does not work, this was strike 3 :)

Sorry for anyone that would have liked one and would have known how to manage it.

• That's a real shame. I was seriously considering to take one of them, although I was hoping for 250GB (not that I need that amount every month, but to be on a safe side)
    I'm using your 64MB nl plan since almost a year without any problems.