Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What SPLA reseller?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What SPLA reseller?

edited December 2012 in General

What SPLA resellers do you guys use? I want to offer Windows Server 2003/08 with my KVM plans, but obviously it's too expensive to buy the licenses at full cost.

Also, how much per month extra do you guys charge for Windows (if at all), or do you include it in the price?

Comments

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

If you get SPLA you will have to put only windows on that machine as price is per cpu socket and the more customers you have on the same machine, the lower the license cost per each.
    Prometeus doesnt charge extra for the license, but we have separate windows plans that include the license cost.

• @Maounique Ok, thanks for the help (again :D). Is there a cost difference between Server 2003 and 2008/2008 R2? Or is it just a flat price for all editions.

• As far as I know SPLA usually goes with the latest version, but you get downgrade rights.

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

If you plan to sell only (or mainly) windows vps on a server, then you can license the datacenter edition on the node (one license per socket) so you can deploy as many windows vps you like on that node. you can use any edition for vps up to datacenter.

If you plan to license windows vps on several nodes then you have to license every virtual cpu at the price of the windows edition you deploy.

• @prometeus Great, thanks for the explanation! How do I go about getting an SPLA? I've tried to get info from Microsoft but they haven't replied.

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep
  • qpsqps Member, Host Rep

We've been happy with Insight so far. Contact [email protected] and they'll get you to the right place.

• @qps Thanks! Appreciate the help.