Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SSD KVM ★ $1 - 256MB, $2 - 512MB, $4 - 1GB ★ FREE Windows ★ RAID 10 ★ 4 Locations ★ $3/YR OVZ - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SSD KVM ★ $1 - 256MB, $2 - 512MB, $4 - 1GB ★ FREE Windows ★ RAID 10 ★ 4 Locations ★ $3/YR OVZ

Comments

• Check pm

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2015

dedicados said: Error 524 Ray ID: 22573 • 2015-10-06 01:52:54 UTC A timeout occurred

htgy said: I was replying the ticket when I got the same error:

Error 524 Ray ID: 230dc67d3cdf1285 • 2015-10-06 02:02:35 UTC

A timeout occurred

It looks like some PHP pages are taking long to respond. I'm taking a look at this issue and resolving it as soon as possible. We are powering off the node hosting our website, giving it some extra power and rebooting. That should fix the issue :)

(edit) Back up. Please let me know if the issue is resolved now. I've checked and you should be good to order now.

• Prices do not change when the payment
    I purchased the three contracts are the same circumstances

edited October 2015

qq7119 said: Prices do not change when the payment I purchased the three contracts are the same circumstances

It's limit one per customer.
    If you want to order multiple, we can offer one per location maximum manually for you. Please create a ticket and we can invoice you.

• a ticket #730708

• Boss to help me deal with :)

qq7119 said: a ticket #730708

Replied to your ticket. Should be good to order now.

• qq7119qq7119 Member
    edited October 2015

Buy one more, just integer, 20 dollars an integer,OK? so I only need to pay 20 annual yearly

qq7119 said: Buy one more, just integer, 20 dollars an integer,OK? so I only need to pay 20 annual yearly

As I replied on the ticket, we cannot give any further discount past the coupon amount.

• Okay, I helped a friend buy

• wat!

• qq7119qq7119 Member
    edited October 2015

the IP address of mistake

#828974 - I have had bad luck in Buffalo and my need to switch to Dallas and Los Angeles

• Payment is completed, No one deal with the problem in time? Strange, is it the collective went to sleep? :(

• @qq7119 it's off hour, come back tomorrow.

qq7119 said: Payment is completed, No one deal with the problem in time? Strange, is it the collective went to sleep? :(

Your ordered VPS plans in Dallas and Los Angeles - not New York.

• Only one discount vps for each customer?

tinyray said: Only one discount vps for each customer?

How it's technically set up is one offer per customer, meaning you could, for example, buyer a KVM plan and OpenVZ plan.

• qq7119qq7119 Member
    edited October 2015

IP address may geolocate to another location based on which company owns the IP blocks.

IP query its position is incorrect
    Let me confused, who taught me how to judge, it is really in what position

• alexnjhalexnjh Member
    edited October 2015

May I know which dc are the dallas and phoenix nodes located?

• Virmach 1GBSSD Plan, Location: Dallas, Texas

CPU model :  QEMU Virtual CPU version (cpu64-rhel6)
    Number of cores : 1
    CPU frequency :  2399.996 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 996 MB
    Total amount of swap : 1023 MB
    System uptime :   2 days, 8 min,       
    Download speed from CacheFly: 51.9MB/s 
    Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 50.1MB/s 
    Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 73.4MB/s 
    Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 12.4MB/s 
    Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 5.80MB/s
    Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 32.0MB/s 
    Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 6.51MB/s 
    Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 30.9MB/s 
    Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 31.7MB/s 
    Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 8.30MB/s 
    I/O speed :  446 MB/s

qq7119 said: IP query its position is incorrect Let me confused, who taught me how to judge, it is really in what position

You're supposed to know the location of the VPS from us - we have the system set up to where your VPS is properly created in the correct location. Rest assured, we wouldn't sell different locations if we did not have them.

masterqqq said: May I know which dc are the dallas and phoenix nodes located?

PhoenixNAP and ServerHub-DC1

• Why do you offer so big ssd for OpenVZ plan while much less for KVM?

edited October 2015

Remon said: Why do you offer so big ssd for OpenVZ plan while much less for KVM?

(1) Overselling.

A lot of customers will buy a server and not use much. Other customers will use more. With OpenVZ, we can give everyone an "average" amount to fill up the server properly. Almost all of our OpenVZ servers are 50% or less in disk usage, so it works out. For example, we have customers that have 100GB disk plans and use 2GB and we have customers that have 100GB disk plans and use 80-90GB.

For KVM, everyone gets a set amount and even if they don't use it, they're allocated that disk and it cannot be shared, so we cannot "average" it out. Disk ends up getting wasted.

(2) Different level of usage.

We have a lot of customers on OpenVZ that use a lot of CPU, so we generally run out of CPU before we run out of disk. On KVM however, our customer base does not use as much average resources. We usually sit at 50% CPU usage, 50% RAM usage, and 90% disk usage on KVM nodes. Past a point SSDs end up costing a lot of money, so we cannot just scale up without increasing prices by a large amount.

So KVM might definitely be more desirable to you as a customer if you plan on using 100% of the disk, but rest assured you can use 100% of your disk on OpenVZ as well.

• Understood . However, 3GB and 5GB are still too small for normal purpose using,pls consider .

@VirMach said:
    So KVM might definitely be more desirable to you as a customer if you plan on using 100% of the disk, but rest assured you can use 100% of your disk on OpenVZ as well.

edited October 2015

@Remon said:
    Understood . However, 3GB and 5GB are still too small for normal purpose using,pls consider .

These are RAID 10 SSDs, and we're always out of disk before anything else on KVM. If we add more SSDs in the future, or if we change our price-points / re-evaluate usage, we may increase disk space at a later time. However, based on our studies, 3GB and 5GB are the "average" amounts a user requires for those plans.

We might also consider allowing customers to add slightly more disk space at a cost to each plan. Thanks for your suggestion.

We have once again temporarily removed the price increase/limited stock on New York. Just notifying anyone who was interested.

• @VirMach Can you move my vps to NY Location with free DDOS Protection?

• Is Windows Server 2016 possible too?

webcraft said: Is Windows Server 2016 possible too?

Final release not out yet and it will take some time after that to switch over or also offer it, if we do.

manlivo said: @VirMach Can you move my vps to NY Location with free DDOS Protection?

Please contact technical support. If too many people ask though we might start turning people down as we have limited support time available, as well as limited space.

• why just one per location per customer??