Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need 5-10 people to test a KVM node with us :) (Free)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need 5-10 people to test a KVM node with us :) (Free)

Ash_HawkridgeAsh_Hawkridge Member
edited November 2011 in General

As you may or may not know we are soon to launch a KVM range of plan's. Since we are still new to the technology ourselves we are looking for between 5-10 people to test run a KVM VPS on one of our test node's for a couple of weeks.

Anyone that's interested can reply here or email me at [email protected]

First come, first serve :)

Comments

• Im in

• I'm not in.. :P good luck VMPort,, nice to see another KVM offer in LEB/LET.. :D

• I'd love to have a try :-)

• Just mailed you Ashley ;)

• I'd be happy to test one out. What location are you putting them in, and what results/feedback are you needing?

• @Aldryic said: I'd be happy to test one out. What location are you putting them in, and what results/feedback are you needing?

I would imagine wholesale internet in Kansas city as it's probably the cheapest and most reliable for testing.

• If it's located in the UK, I'd love to try one. :-)

• Yep your correct Node. Its no beast of a node hence only needing 5-10 testers running a container at once.

We plan to host the real deal on either one of our 6 or 8 core configs.

We just want to get a feel for managing/monitoring the node in a live environment.

So basically use the VPS as you would expect to use it if you were paying for it :P

• I need one. :D

• fanfan Veteran

I'm in too. :P

• I'd like in as well :) Thank you

• Ash_HawkridgeAsh_Hawkridge Member
    edited November 2011

@giaythuytinh176 @fan @shaanl

Please send me your email address either by PM or to my contact address above please :)

• Right i have a long list of potential testers :) Everyone involved will recieve an email with VPS details as soon as the node is ready.

It should be some time later on today or early tomorrow (Bare in mind im in the UK) just sorting some HD issues out since our standard 15K disks are not available at Whole-Sale due to the recent hard-drive problems and me shipping them out would take a while.

So we are working out the best config from what they have at hand.

Thank you everybody that has volunteered :D

Thanked by 1drmike
  • I'd like to apply :)

• @birdie25

Fashionably late haha drop me your email address via PM please mate.

• Yeah, I'd like to try too :)

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

I'm want to try too

• I want to try it
    Thanks

edited November 2011

Right everyone who has sent there email address in has been added to our list of potential testers.

Obviously the people in here that i know personally will get priority over people i dont, just due to the fact that any free offering leaves things open for abuse.

Thank you to everyone that has expressed interest :D

We could have filled an entire node with the amount of requests.

• I'm want to try too

• @VMPort just dropped you a PM

edited November 2011

@birdie25

Thank you :)

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

You know me, right?

• I would help you out Ash but I have nothing to put on it. Doubt you need an idling box taking up space and resources lmao!!!! Suppose I need to get working on some of these ideas for sites I have. Might give me something to do this cold winter.

• drmikedrmike Member
    edited November 2011

I would help you out Ash but I have nothing to put on it.

If anyone wants to, I'll be needing apache/trac/svn setup on a vps sometime in December. I was going to do that with the Pyramid VPS but I think I'll do something else with that now.

I' would just take it over and pay for the year if that's ok with VMPort?

edit: If the price isn't too expensive. Very lowend stuff. I just want something to track my personal sites and the mud coding. The hosting trac sites are elsewhere.

• @drmike

That would be cool with us however this node we have put up for testing on a small scale wont be staying since its only an old quad core we would never use it long term. We just really want to get a feel for KVM in a live environment

However im sure we could sort something out for you on the actual node we plan to use for the final product :)

And if your offering to help us out with this eitherway just drop me a contact email address in my PM box please :)

Ash

• Just to keep the people involved up to date there has been a slight delay due to our DC installing a 32Bit version of CentOS instead of the 64Bit version we requested.

It took me almost an hour to realize why KVM and its required tools (virsh) etc would not run then i checked the running OS and clicked on :)

So i am waiting for them to re-format so i can start fresh :D

• @VMPort: you have no KVM over IP / IPMI?

edited November 2011

Not on this box no, like i said its only an old quad core, literally the best budget box we could find :P

No point in ordering KVM over IP when i can get the guys at WSI to do it for free :)

• Its back online now, now to re-do everything i did 1 hour ago :D