Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS/VPN based in the UK with exclusive use of IPs
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS/VPN based in the UK with exclusive use of IPs

I have somewhat-specific requirements for a VPS provider:

• UK based (essential)
  • Exclusive use of IPs - nobody else would be sharing them (essential)
  • Residential rather than data-centre IPs - they should look like normal ISP IP address when you run a traceroute (very nice to have)
  • Multiple IPs on the same plan (would be even more dreamy if from different blocks)

I'm willing to pay what it takes for this niche service but obviously pricing should be sensible. Won't be streaming video or any other fat-pipe requiring uses - 10Mbps would be fine along with about 5GB-15GB of transfer a month. VPN would be nice but I'm happy to roll my own on any unix VPS.

From my research it seems poker VPNs might be able to handle my needs but I haven't be able to find any who can do what I need. A last resort option might be a small (but reliable) mom-and-pop VPS operation with their own IP range.

Any ideas or recommendations?

Comments

• You're not going to get residential IPs in UK.

Thanked by 1cinereus
  • If that's the case, thanks for answering. If you can help with the remaining requirements that would be great :)

• William said: You're not going to get residential IPs in UK.

http://www.abstation.net/ did offer this, but am unsure they still do, but speeds where terrible and quite high jitter

• tehdantehdan Member
    edited October 2015

if you want an residential IP, get a residential connection - you won't be able to fake it forever. Find a friend in the UK and set up a vpn on a server/router in their home. I have a friend in the US and we do this - I can watch Hulu etc via his residential IP, he can watch iplayer etc via mine. A few uk ISPs can do multiple static ips and 80/20mb Vdsl should just about do you.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • NexHostNexHost Member
    edited October 2015

cinereus said: I'm happy to roll my own

I'll roll one with you

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

I can provide you with a VM in London. Do PM me your exact requirements and we'll see what we can do in terms of pricing. No residential IPs, though.

• Thanks for the responses so far...

@TarZZ92 - will reach out to them, cheers.

@tehdan - that would be ideal but this service required multiple IPs so you soon reach a saturation point going by that method.

@AlexBarakov - I'll be in touch, thanks :)

(@jmc - let's blaze!)

• ZappieZappie Member, Host Rep, LIR

I know that OpticServers a while back was offering VPS server using Virgin's IP space:
    http://lowendbox.com/blog/opticservers-unmetered-transfer-openvz-vps-in-surrey-uk-starting-at-2month/

Not sure if still valid/active

• cinereus said: that would be ideal but this service required multiple IPs so you soon reach a saturation point going by that method.

my IP address changes every 24 hours, maybe some providers to it in the UK as well :0

• @Zappie - sounds great, thanks!

@4n0nx - that's not a problem. As long as it's exclusive the chance of overlap should be minimal.

• Zappie said: Not sure if still valid/active

IIRC bankrupt in the meantime and they moved to LDN docklands before and renumbered - so no more virgin space

Thanked by 1J1021
  • cinereus said: that's not a problem. As long as it's exclusive the chance of overlap should be minimal.

no i mean that would give you a lot of different IPs :D

• I get that, it's not ideal but fine. And sadly, @Zappie's suggestion are long gone...

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • @cinereus you didn't specify your bandwidth requirements were simultaneous per-IP... Can you give us some idea what it is you're doing and at what scale?

You can get faster home broadband in the UK 330/30 FTTP is slowly spreading. If you can't fund multiple domestic connections then being willing to 'pay what it takes' isn't as limitless as you imply. What's your actual budget?

• @tehdan said:
    cinereus you didn't specify your bandwidth requirements were simultaneous per-IP... Can you give us some idea what it is you're doing and at what scale?

You can get faster home broadband in the UK 330/30 FTTP is slowly spreading. If you can't fund multiple domestic connections then being willing to 'pay what it takes' isn't as limitless as you imply. What's your actual budget?

I agree with this I as a provider with nodes in the UK would have to know what you would be doing and what scale you would be running this as very sorry but most providers would like to be In the know what your up to and know they won't be later cleaning up a mess you caused like for example ip blacklisted for spam etc and didn't know about it beforehand as a provider if I find out later what you are doing is illegal or abusive it won't end well for you and will probably be telling other providers not to accept you and report you to fraudrecord and other related services

• @tehdan, @timnboys:

Sorry for going AWOL on this thread - was away in Spain. Which is exactly the reason why I need this service. I have a life-long love for horse-racing and always watch it on a Saturday. Unfortunately, while I can find streams for Channel 4 when abroad, I can't log into my online bookmaker accounts as they geolocate the IPs (maybe reverse DNS too).

The IP requirements are simply because bookmakers are (for obvious reasons) keen to weed out fake accounts. And one major way is supposedly via IP address. My accounts are in high standing and have high balances (several are VIP accounts) and I can't afford to have them associated with other users who might be using VPNs or public proxies.

As the sole use will be browsing websites, bandwidth requirements will be very low. (The multiple IPs requirement is intentionally lowest). I'm more than happy to be 100% transparent about my usage and can rule out any abusive or illegal use. I wouldn't be approaching through this forum in that case anyway :)

I'm not always the most successful punter so I couldn't afford massive amounts seeing as it's mostly just a hobby but would be happy to pay what it takes to set this up as I have some lengthy trips planned and an anticipating severe withdrawals.

• @cinereus said:
    tehdan, timnboys:

Sorry for going AWOL on this thread - was away in Spain. Which is exactly the reason why I need this service. I have a life-long love for horse-racing and always watch it on a Saturday. Unfortunately, while I can find streams for Channel 4 when abroad, I can't log into my online bookmaker accounts as they geolocate the IPs (maybe reverse DNS too).

The IP requirements are simply because bookmakers are (for obvious reasons) keen to weed out fake accounts. And one major way is supposedly via IP address. My accounts are in high standing and have high balances (several are VIP accounts) and I can't afford to have them associated with other users who might be using VPNs or public proxies.

As the sole use will be browsing websites, bandwidth requirements will be very low. (The multiple IPs requirement is intentionally lowest). I'm more than happy to be 100% transparent about my usage and can rule out any abusive or illegal use. I wouldn't be approaching through this forum in that case anyway :)

I'm not always the most successful punter so I couldn't afford massive amounts seeing as it's mostly just a hobby but would be happy to pay what it takes to set this up as I have some lengthy trips planned and an anticipating severe withdrawals.

I just want to say this you do know the ip given to your vps is dedicated unless you are in a "cloud" environment which the ip may not be dedicated but I hate cloud environments for that reason and have the traditional way instead which when virtualizor and whmcs set it up your ip is dedicated

• If you actually live in the UK why not just setup a VPN endpoint on your home network and use your own residential connection?

Thanked by 3tehdan 4n0nx Ole_Juul
  • @cinereus - This doesn't explain why you you need multiple IPs, your statement about residential broadband having insufficient bandwidth also doesn't square with this.

• Signed up as I can meet these very specific requirements that most people won't be able to fulfil.

I have a 75 down, 19 up residential connection with with a /28 IPv4 block (16 IPv4 addresses) and can provide native /64s (IPv6 addresses). No bandwidth limits either.

I can provide either a Linux VPS or VPN.

I feel wary about use of my IPv4 addresses/network though.

• @CloudX will you leave a webcam running at your house so we can watch you getting raided?

• @tehdan said:
    CloudX will you leave a webcam running at your house so we can watch you getting raided?

A good few years ago I wouldn't think that would ever occur... but nowadays; well.

• cinereuscinereus Member
    edited October 2015

@dragon2611 - that's currently what I'm doing but I've been unable to make it work reliably at all. I suspect it's due to my pitiful upstream connection at home. I also often sublet my place out which means the connection can be flaky and the uptime unreliable.

@tehdan - I never mentioned that at all. In fact I stated that residential bandwidth is more than sufficient. IPs are more a nice-to-have rather than essential at all - I'd like to be able to provide a service for a couple of friends when they travel at all. Once again, I'm planning on doing this all in my own name with verifiable identity/payments and KYC checks if required - nothing shady at all. I'm in no way asking for an anon box.

@CloudX - please PM me :)