Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone found Rage4 DNS password policy too complicated? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone found Rage4 DNS password policy too complicated?

2»

Comments

• I signed up yesterday and can't even remember the password I used, it's annoying

• I do similar to @gbshouse ... but take just the first letter.

Eg:
    I have 2 absolutely amazing fat cats who i love very much

Ih2aafcwilvm

I dont use poems or anything, just a phrase that is personal to me that i can easily remember... i can capitalize or add a symbol or two where i see fit, or make one or two of the chars a haxor, whatever ... this works great for me, and is easier to remember than you might think

• @heiska said: A better example would've been. "qwerty" -> "qW€RtY" -> "Qvv3rTy" -> etc etc.

Not so predictable anymore, but of course you can keep arguing ad infinitum.

Simple character substitutions are not good password policy.

Entropy and randomness are key. If you have multiple passwords you will need some way of storing them. If you can remember 5 + passwords, they probably aren't good passwords

• gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep

We will add few improvements to registration process soon :)

• @gbshouse said: We will add few improvements to registration process soon :)

Is making the authentication process somewhat easier one of them? :P

@zhuanyi - API or control panel authentication? we have added password prevalidation to registration step

• @gbshouse said: API or control panel authentication

Control panel, I do not use the API yet.

@zhuanyi - what's complicated with current authentication process?

• @gbshouse said: what's complicated with current authentication process?

The password is what I meant, sorry for the confusion :)

• @joepie91 +1 for keepass

@heiska -1 for people that are too dumb to realize the advantages of keepass.