Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New nexus phones - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New nexus phones

2»

Comments

• patrick7patrick7 Member, LIR

Currently I'm using a Nexus 5. But I don't like the new nexus because of the small battery and lack of dual sim in year 2015.

I ordered a Lenovo Zuk Z1 for 330$.

• @hellogoodbye said:
    My best friend

And

@hellogoodbye said:
    she

Don't go together nicely, for your gf/wife that is.

• @jbiloh What made you leave the OPO? I upgraded to a OPT a few weeks ago and I'm very happy with it, nice to have finger print recognition back after moving from an iPhone 5S to the OPO.

• @TheOnlyDK said:

She's female too. Not saying anything else there.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @TheOnlyDK said:

But that's assuming I'm 1) male and 2) have a gf/wife.

Thanked by 10xdragon
  • agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

@inthecloudblog Well this latest update for whatever reason causes the facebook app and a couple other apps to crash as soon as they open. Still have no idea why... I may hook this up to ADB and see whats going on with the FB app. Aside from that the battery life got much better in the last update.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • @hellogoodbye said:

Just in case.

• @agoldenberg said:
    inthecloudblog Well this latest update for whatever reason causes the facebook app and a couple other apps to crash as soon as they open. Still have no idea why... I may hook this up to ADB and see whats going on with the FB app. Aside from that the battery life got much better in the last update.

What does ADB stand for? If I were to walk around the streets of most places showing off the op2 I could end up stolen like in 5 minutes.
    Even my Moto g 2nd Gen with an ugly ( make this on purpose) ugly plastic cover calls some guys attention.

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited October 2015

@TheOnlyDK said:
    Do you upgrade your phone every year? What do you even do with old phones? Sell them? I mean they are not nokias, you cant even use them to protect yourself.

I loved my Nokia shield (not the service, but a piece of cardboard with nokias taped to it)
    ...until I got a Samsung one

• @hellogoodbye said:

Strictly speaking, 1 is not a prerequisite for 2.

• deadbeef said: Strictly speaking, 1 is not a prerequisite for 2.

Where 1) is "having something interesting to say" and 2) is "posting here".

• @deadbeef said:

Thanks for proving my point...?

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

For those who have upgraded to Android 6 what do you think? I'm waiting for the OTA here..

• Nexus 4 with 5.1.1 here. Have never really felt the need for much more (except battery life). My next phone will hopefully be a Jolla. Sailfish OS is very naiiice and still capable of running any Android apps that arent available as native. High five to those Finns. One can only hope that when Nokia's deal with MS ends in 2016 that they too will adopt Sailfish. They never should have abandoned Meego or Maemo in the first place.

• jbiloh said: For those who have upgraded to Android 6 what do you think? I'm waiting for the OTA here..

Just upgraded via factory images. Here are my initial thoughts:

• Some apps didn't like the upgrade and had to be reinstalled (kept on crashing)
    • Battery life has improved slightly
    • Animations appear smoother without lag
    • Hate how I can't slide up for Google Now (now it's using Google's on tap).
    • Google's upped the security - can't install busybox for some unknown reason.
  • The 5X looks so nice. I'm happy with my Nexus 4 still though.

• My Nexus 4 was bricked during upgrade and it's really hard to use Google services in here. I am gonna to get an iPhone 6S Plus, lol.

• I am facing issues with an update of Nexus 5. While I am trying to update it getting an error message and I am not able to update it right now.

• @netomx said:
    Nexus 4 :(

I don't even have Nexus ~.~

• @comXyz said:
    I don't even have Nexus ~.~

Time to get one. :)

Thanked by 1netomx