Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How is online.net when it comes to hardware problems? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How is online.net when it comes to hardware problems?

2»

Comments

• PhantiumPhantium Member
    edited October 2015

As IThinkUFailed mentioned, I have had the experience with a Kidechire where it took basically months to get it replaced. Just due to the fact they did not believe it was hardware related.

But in the end it was resolved, after escalating to a manager.

I also had a 1115 which had a faulty SAS disk right away, but still took about a day to get it replaced.

• Well, online.net's support really sucks big time, at least on weekends.
    Yesterday, around 22h ago, I opened a ticket because another server has a possibly broken HDD and their "Hardware Watch" feature does not seem to catch up with the issue.

Again, a fast reply telling me the following:

Hello,
    i transmit your ticket at the service concerned and i back to you a soon possible
    Regards,
    XXX

and that was it. No further action until now. Not too important for me, I can wait until Monday in this case, but a clear sign that I will never ever host anything of importance with them.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited October 2015

At least you got a woman to answer your tickets. She must be on the way to you.

I didn't know online.net sells dishwashers now.

Amitz said: Regards, XXX

• Is everyone here drunk nowadays? ;-)

Thanked by 2lbft inthecloudblog
  • At least they send you kisses.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited October 2015

To be clear: XXX = the name of the supporter. I have just tried to anonymize his name... ;-)
    So no kisses, just weekend disappointment.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • I didn't know that you could name someone XXX, but well, cultures are different I guess.

Thanked by 2Rolter paily
  • I am not complaining about Online.net , but with my 3rd server with them , they forgot to add the HDD to BIOS (wte that means) , and i was running like a headless chicken for a few hours ,not knowing what to do ...Opened a ticket and they told me that they forgot to add HDD before delivering the server , got fixed in a few minutes .

• coolicecoolice Member
    edited October 2015

@Amitz said:
    It's 18 hours now and I am quite sure that nothing at all will happen before Monday.

btw Is server with failing drive have hot plug drive bays or not ... cause some of the 2014 Dediboxes which are Dell R210 II based have them not ... So they will require a removing from the rack and bit more skillful touch than to just to push red button on red blinking bay on the front panel, pull the drive and push new one... which can be done fast during the weekend with less skillful tech or tech with less permissions ...

@Gulf I've got E5-1410v2 SSD server with them since February with no issues* it's only rebooted for Proxmox 3 kernel updates...

*almost no issues when i got it brand new got same as @Rolter issue with not attached drives in the bios... It was fixed in ~15 minutes after I opened a thicket that something is wrong with the new server