Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

wget process killed
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

wget process killed

Hi why is this process getting killed...tried with wget it stills gets killed

root@sentora:/var/zpanel/hostdata/zadmin/public_html/*********_com# zppy install sentastico
Module to be installed sentastico
--2015-09-30 06:12:33--  http://store.sentora.org/repo/sentastico.zpp
Resolving store.sentora.org (store.sentora.org)... 5.196.10.149
Connecting to store.sentora.org (store.sentora.org)|5.196.10.149|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 333217829 (318M)
Saving to: 'sentastico.zpp'

35% [============>                          ] 116,938,777 3.85MB/s  eta 52s    An error occured, The package archive could not be extracted!

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Well you're using Sentora so there's a fair chance your box is compromised and wget isn't even wget anymore ;)

Otherwise maybe network issue or OOM?

• I measure using iotop and htop ..
    Ram usage remains below 30-40%
    and
    Disk I/O is 6 Mb/Sec

• Jar said: Well you're using Sentora so there's a fair chance your box is compromised and wget isn't even wget anymore ;)

In the future people will realize that Skynet took over the world by a single Sentora install :)

Thanked by 2netomx jar
  • oooo Sentora is the 'new' zpanel? Same team?

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited September 2015

bohdans said: oooo Sentora is the 'new' zpanel? Same team?

Same shit software as well.

• Sorry, oooo as in get the popcorn out.

• https://www.rfxn.com/projects/linux-malware-detect/

http://rkhunter.sourceforge.net/

Likely the ladder. Look for ASCII / perl scripts replacing binaries.

And may god have mercy on your soul for using Sentora / zPanel.

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

Crazy suggestion but I had an issue with a process getting killed everytime I ran it and it seemed to be an issue on the host node. IIRC the feedback was that the node was out of memory and killing the process. Its a far fetch but have you asked your server provider if it could be caused by the host node?

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

Albeit the above suggestion might happen on an extremely oversold node

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2015

Since people mostly hinted at it, but didn't quite explain themselves...

@noaman: ZPanel and Sentora are extremely insecure and you should not use them. Your server will almost certainly be compromised, or already is. I would strongly recommend backing up your data, checking any PHP files for backdoors, reinstalling the server, and installing a different panel.

If you can install the PHP-based software from scratch, that's an even better idea. That way you can be sure there's no backdoors.

• @joepie91
    What about webmin/virtualmin?

and rest
    no offence...the thread was opened not for discussing sentora...even a single wget for more then 2 minutes fails...

• Do you have space free?

• @noaman any additional software increases the total amount of vulnerabilities so..

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@noaman said:
    joepie91
    What about webmin/virtualmin?

Not sure what it's like nowadays. It's probably hard to find anything worse than ZPanel/Sentora, though. I don't use any such panels myself at all, so perhaps somebody else has a better recommendation.