Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

how many wordpress site I can run in 128mb ram + 128 vswap lowend vps - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

how many wordpress site I can run in 128mb ram + 128 vswap lowend vps

2»

Comments

• @MrGeneral said:
    nginx + php-fom + mariadb, and you'll be able to run demo WP websites just fine. There's no need to tweak, if you're using mariadb.

I'll take your word on this. :-) I'd still be worried about how much headroom is left if the site requires a larger DB, or is a more involved WP site. I leave it as an exercise to the reader to figure out which way to go if they bump up against resource limitations, for whatever reason.

• sinsin Member

Abdussamad said: You have to understand people everywhere are running WP on shared hosting. You get even fewer resources there than a VPS.

I think a lot of it is also just people trying to load up their installs with a shit load of crappy plugins or themes, nulled shit, etc. I remember viewing a Wordpress thread on Reddit recently where people were listing all the plugins they use on each install and I couldn't believe how many people were using 20+ plugins.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@jvnadr said:
    Funboy of Douglas, too?

What's funboy? And if you talk about the universal number, yes :P

• netomx said: What's funboy? And if you talk about the universal number, yes :P

Ah, was very early in the morning... I meant, fanboy (fanatic about Douglas Adams, of course!) :-D

Thanked by 1netomx
  • impossiblystupid said: The answer is approximately zero. Go ahead and simply try to install the full stack needed to run a minimal WP site. Getting everything up and running is going to quickly suck up that small amount of RAM.

With 256MB, you'll have the head room needed to run 1 site. Barely. Everything above that, though, becomes icing on the cake.

wat

4n0nx said: My 128MB VPS worked well with mysql + nginx/lighttpd and 3 wordpress sites. (OpenVZ) Even postfix and dovecot in addition :D

and I really did not optimize anything, just install and done.