Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Managing multiple servers from one API?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Managing multiple servers from one API?

Hey LET,
just brainstorming, And decided to ask what you thought the best way to manage multiple servers from one site would be.

With my vpn project we current use ssh2(which isn't great) which im trying to switch to something better and easier to manage, For example we send commands upon customer payment to all servers to adduser, And then terminate user once their billing is up, Any ideas what is the best secure way, without browser/server lag to send these commands and in general manage systems?

Comments

• I use pssh to manage a few dozen of servers. I really like it.

Thanked by 1MonsteR
  • It's not exactly what you ask for, but generally user's authentication / authorization / accounting is done via radius.

• @rds100 said:
    It's not exactly what you ask for, but generally user's authentication / authorization / accounting is done via radius.

We use pam for authentication / authorization therefore the management and accounting is done all our side.

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@elgs said:
    I use pssh to manage a few dozen of servers. I really like it.

how does phpseclib compare with pssh ? just a general performance query

• elgselgs Member
    edited September 2015

@BharatB said:
    how does phpseclib compare with pssh ? just a general performance query

I have no knowledge about phpseclib. pssh allows you to run commands, scripts on a lot of servers with on pssh command without logging into them. It really saved me a lot of hours. https://code.google.com/p/parallel-ssh/

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@elgs said:
    I have no knowledge about phpseclib. pssh allows you to run commands, scripts on a lot of servers with on pssh command without logging into them. It really saved me a lot of hours. https://code.google.com/p/parallel-ssh/

I see its written in python hm

• servarica_haniservarica_hani Member, Patron Provider

look at puppet , it takes time to learn it and master it but once you master it you can do many stuff with is

it gives you full control over large number of servers

Thanks

• i heart ansible is ssh based, with their product "ansible tower" you can manage your servers in one panel.