Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Real Free VPS : 2 - 4 GB RAM + 2 Cores + 10 GB SSD ( Cloud ) - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Real Free VPS : 2 - 4 GB RAM + 2 Cores + 10 GB SSD ( Cloud )

2»

Comments

• farsighterfarsighter Member
    edited September 2015

Is SSH possible, or maybe reverse SSH? do they block ports?
    Still waiting for their welcome email lets see..

Thanks for sharing!

• Ran yum update from a redhat 6 desktop with no problems. Haven't tried bunt on it yet.

• Seems like internet is working now.

• I'm really interested in the software behind this. Sure it's a desktop, but is it front-ending a VPS? THAT's what I'm really looking for. I'd love to find something comparable to front-end an OpenVZ VPS through a browser. This would really raise the usability of a low-end VPS to much more than a command-line driven server.

• XiNiXXiNiX Member, Host Rep

It seems the huge Traffic ( probably from LET ) has forced them to have restrictions on signup. In less than 12 hours its now "Invite Only".

Thanked by 1kenzhang
  • @jbarr said:
    I'm really interested in the software behind this. Sure it's a desktop, but is it front-ending a VPS? THAT's what I'm really looking for. I'd love to find something comparable to front-end an OpenVZ VPS through a browser. This would really raise the usability of a low-end VPS to much more than a command-line driven server.

http://guac-dev.org (another member posted it recently)

Thanked by 2XiNiX jbarr
  • So... EyeOS rebooted?

• Haven't got anything from them yet...

• @thagoat said:
    So... EyeOS rebooted?

I don't think so. It looks more like a full Xfce session. From what I understand, EyeOS/onEye are more of a pseudo desktop presentation in that the interface is Web-based and all applications are specific to EyeOS/onEye--they are not Linux packages. LabxNow appears to be a browser-rendered Xfce session that provides a full Xfce Linux desktop session. And from what I'm reading, Guacamole does something very similar.

Thanked by 1thagoat
  • jbarrjbarr Member
    edited September 2015

@deadbeef said:
    http://guac-dev.org (another member posted it recently)

This might just be exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks for the heads-up!

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • I seriously don't understand what I'm using...is this gonna be for good? Is it NAT? Is it a real VPS?

• @XiNiX said:
    It seems the huge Traffic ( probably from LET ) has forced them to have restrictions on signup. In less than 12 hours its now "Invite Only".

Hey, you are right! We have to switch to "Inv only" because of the huge traffic, but still really appreciate the interests! We will still active users from the requests pool everyday, and we would like to invite all active users to share their minds with us so that we can serve better. ^ ^

Thanked by 1XiNiX
  • thank you, sign up now :)

• just got my account that's great

• Fantastic! Any way to get sound working?

• @jbarr EyeOS wasn't very fun to use, unless you had it running on your home network. You are correct. All apps were embedded in the OS, with quite a few not working correctly.I'll have to keep an eye (haha) on this tech, it sounds promising. Thanks for the info.

• I keep getting connection errors.