Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Feeling Paranoid? Come and share your thoughts! - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Feeling Paranoid? Come and share your thoughts!

13»

Comments

• I'm very strongly against violence in any form. I'm always surprised when people aren't:

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/28/politics/carly-fiorina-waterboarding-yahoo-news-torture/

I hope she doesn't get elected.

• @singsing said:
    I'm very strongly against violence in any form. I'm always surprised when people aren't:

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/28/politics/carly-fiorina-waterboarding-yahoo-news-torture/

I hope she doesn't get elected.

I'm extremely against it. Hence why the Little Brother/Homeland books are my favorite books of all time.

• @singsing said:
    I'm very strongly against violence in any form. I'm always surprised when people aren't:

While I like the statement you made, I find that people usually mean "unless..." and then list a hundred exceptions. So let's see - suppose someone violently comes and throws you in jail (you can pick any reason why). For or against?

• William said: Or the invention of a real quantum computer with a bunch more qubits than the current top 1

Yeah, so an advance in computer science related to scalability.

• @Maounique need tldrs for your posts, my concentration span isn't long enough to read most of your stuff :(

• Thanked by 2netomx adxn
  • @PremiumN said:

Is that the mad as hell guy? :D

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@tr1cky said:
    Maounique need tldrs for your posts, my concentration span isn't long enough to read most of your stuff :(

If you are part of the TL;DR generation, there is nothing interesting there, even if you could read, it wont help you or humanity.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @Maounique said:
    If you are part of the TL;DR generation, there is nothing interesting there, even if you could read, it wont help you or humanity.

Sorry, too long, tldr pls.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@Maounique said:

we use lead rocks, if you know what I mean :P

• singsingsingsing Member
    edited September 2015

deadbeef said: So let's see - suppose someone violently comes and throws you in jail (you can pick any reason why). For or against?

Obviously, something has to be done about criminals.

Four cops, one holding on to each limb, will be able to put anyone in a cell without "violence". If it's done with care at each step of the process. And this is really rare, you have to be really high on PCP or something not to understand the value of following simple officer instructions so they can take you into custody safely.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited October 2015

singsing said: not to understand the value of following simple officer instructions so they can take you into custody safely.

That depends on country:

You cannot change the colour of your skin and some people dont want to give up their religion, so they will suffer consequences like that. The cop was not even in uniform to be able to shoot you if you resist not knowing it is not a mugging.