Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Found a new cheap VPS offer (Germany)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Found a new cheap VPS offer (Germany)

norgnorg Member
edited December 2012 in General

I just found the following Christmas Special vor VPS in Germany:

https://www.proplay.biz/

1. 128MB RAM/128MB Swap, Single CPU (i have on with a Xeon(R) CPU E5-2620), 3GB HDD and 3GB BackupSpace. And also one .de Domain included. So it's similiar to the buyvm.net offer, without that much traffic and space but with a domain.

And that's for just 1 Euro/Month

1. 640MB RAM/640MB Swap, Dual CPU (i have on with a Xeon(R) CPU E5-2620), 24GB HDD and 24GB BackupSpace. And also one .de Domain included.

For 2,99 Euro/Month.

If you need a translation, just ask :) i will do it then.

Comments

• gubbytegubbyte Member
    edited December 2012

Free domain? Cool. But I don't see myself singing up to a German website.

1) The following services are not allowed: file sharing (Emule, Torrent, P2P General), mirroring. Goal, goal node,

SETI @ HOME, Boinc, CCcam sharing PayTV, IRC Botservice, Psotnic

:(

And I don't see what virtualization this uses.

• That's one problem, yes. And it's a free ".de" Domain!
    I have some friends using the service with such services and since they never reach the traffic limit, they had no problems with the provider yet.
    I just use it for some testing and running irssi/weechat/mcabber and such stuff.

• How can they give out a free .DE domain, you have to be from Germany to register a DE domain. Or is this a sub-domain?

• I'm not sure how they check if you're from Germany, but it's a real domain, no sub-domain.

• Only for german people the domain , other host same country do ask for german id

• @GetKVM_Ash said: How can they give out a free .DE domain, you have to be from Germany to register a DE domain.

Maybe registering the domain in their own name, not the clients?

• Highly recommend them. I'm their customer since more than 3 years. Never had any problems. Maschines are very stable. Here is the uptime history from the vps I currently have with them (~ 10 hours downtime was planned maintenance window to move vservers to the new maschine):

$uprecords -b -d
         #               Uptime |        Last downtime                       Boot up
    ----------------------------+---------------------------------------------------
         1   517 days, 18:48:09 |     0 days, 00:00:00      Wed Feb 16 14:12:59 2011
    ->   2   140 days, 01:24:05 |     0 days, 09:55:06      Wed Jul 18 19:56:14 2012

• If i have time in a couple of hours i buy something from them and ask for the domain giving the results here.

• @sleddog said: Maybe registering the domain in their own name, not the clients?

Is that allowed? I'm not 100% sure. I just know that i asked our DC to register one for us but they said if they did that they were liable for whatever content is hosted under German law, so they said no :(

• Most registrars require a german ph number that they can validate as yours

•  
    1) The following services are not allowed: file sharing (Emule, Torrent, P2P General), mirroring. Goal, goal node, 
    SETI @ HOME, Boinc, CCcam sharing PayTV, IRC Botservice, Psotnic

2) The minimum term is 12 months, except in the service description / product description indicated otherwise. Displayed prices are per month and are always asked for the minimum period described in the bill. A contract is automatically renewed for each of the Performance / Product description specified minimum term if it is not terminated with a period of 7 days at the end of a Contract term. Free use until 31.12.2012. The contract period starts from 01.01.2013.

What, no IRC?! Also,TOR looks allowed? :S

• 25 GB FairUse Traffic

What a shame. :(

• According to the original German text,

1) Folgende Services sind nicht gestattet: Filesharing (Emule, Torrent, Allgemein P2P), Mirroring. Tor, Tor Node, SETI@HOME, Boinc, CCcam PayTV Sharing, IRC Botservice, Psotnic

Tor is translated to "Goal" mistakenly...

• that's like $13/yr, nothing new

• "Tor" in german is "Goal" , they probably used a translator software

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Yeah, I was wondering what those Goal nodes are...
    Thought it has something to do with complex business simulations using a lot of CPU but havent heard about such software.

• Just talked to them, it's no problem for foreigners to use the .de domain as they are the lokal admin of the domain.

• got my .de domain no problem.

• Do they use hetzner and if so how will they manage the expected IP price increase in a couple months?

there is a WHT thread talking about IPs @ hetzner going to 1 EUR each per month, which makes it difficult to offer (or continue to offer) a 1 EUR/mth vps --- as well as other low cost plans.

• no they are not at hetzner (and that's good) they are at accelerated. There are also other like colorhost.de (i have a vps there too) and misterhost.

• LESLES Member
    edited December 2012

@JoeMerit said: Do they use hetzner and if so how will they manage the expected IP price increase in a couple months?

They move completely to Accelerated.

• Good to hear!