Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's the current view on iwStack? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What's the current view on iwStack?

2»

Comments

• @Maounique said:
    You are wrong, the best jokers cannot invent the collection of jokes that makes up reality.

How can I be wrong?

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Everyone is wrong over the internet, you know as well as I do that every netizen's first duty is to set everyone else straight.

• I love you, @Mao.

@Nekki said:
    I love you, Mao.

Everyone does, this is why I have to go to such lengths to hide myself.

• @Maounique said:

>

We also launched simpliffied zones in Milano, you can do all you need from the integrated panel in the whmcs, it is cheaper and has local ssd, for those people which like hourly billing a la DO but not need the advanced features.

I'm looking for the simplified zone in Milan, in the panel, but I'm not finding it (I'm sure it's my fault). Where is it?

• @Maounique said:
    IWStack is stable for months, since we moved to ceph on the KVM zone, half a year or so.
    Dallas has not been moved since the demand is low and there were no problems.
    Some people notice the issues with the network there, but Dallas is not the same as with Milano, it has no failover as it has local ssd and only one security group, so, everyone must understand that without maintaining the firewall rules, they will revert to default in case of new VMs, template deployment, etc.
    Some people find the panel quite complicated and it is, if you do not need the features, you should be using regular VPSes instead, IWStack is complicated because of so many extra features it has, not because we like the bloat. If you do not need those features, we are launching a new OVZ service for pro usage which is great for hosting, bigger and cheaper VMs than the Biz line which will continue to be the top range apart from our core business.
    We also launched simpliffied zones in Milano, you can do all you need from the integrated panel in the whmcs, it is cheaper and has local ssd, for those people which like hourly billing a la DO but not need the advanced features. Everyone should be happy.
    As for unscheduled migration, this is not something which can be announced, the orchestrator is balancing the load or decides to move out of a faulty node, this is the point of fail-over, to be automatic, not something that can be announced.

It has talked about this in detail. no need to further discussion.

edited September 2015

Geekoine said: I'm looking for the simplified zone in Milan, in the panel, but I'm not finding it (I'm sure it's my fault). Where is it?

There is no such zone per se in the panel, just go to milano and choose one of the SSD instances.

I presume you mention the WHMCS panel?

tvtaddy said: It has talked about this in detail. no need to further discussion.

huh?

Thanked by 1Geekoine
  • @Lee said:
    As the title says, just looking for some feedback on how that service is doing for you.

Xen zone in Milan: 6 months now, superstable, uptime 100%, 600-700 MB/s San storage, good network (I guess there is some kind of limitation, 400 or 500 mbits/s, which is good enough). I couldn't be happier of Iwstack.

Thanked by 1Maounique
    edited September 2015

Geekoine said: I guess there is some kind of limitation, 400 or 500 mbits/s, which is good enough

Yes, depending on size, the instances are limited to something below 800 mbps to avoid saturating the link in case of hacks or something like that, the included traffic is only 1 TB, nobody wishes to have to pay extra for a hack, they will notice something is wrong in time, or much sooner than otherwise. If someone needs more than that, we have streaming services for 40 gbps.

Thanked by 1Geekoine
  • GeekoineGeekoine Member
    edited September 2015

@Maounique

I found it under cloudstack panel:-)
    Great offer, I will try it!