Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Possible to anonymize main VPS IP / put proxy behind it?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Possible to anonymize main VPS IP / put proxy behind it?

postcdpostcd Member
edited September 2015 in Help

Hello,

can i use VPS with high data transfer limits and DDoS protected as an proxy of my main webhosting VPS?

i mean to hide my hosting VPS behind the DDoS protected one so all services like webserver, ssh, dns are accessible via DDoS proxy VPS IP, forwarded to hidden VPS and then hiden VPS will send all answers back to proxy and proxy to the client?

the ports on the hidden webhosting VPS with CentOS/Redhat: http://pastebin.com/qU8GV3Jw

I searched two times already in history for an tutorial on this, on how to simply achieve all traffic/ports proxyfying this way, but canot find any tutorial, not mentioning simple tutorial.

Thank you

Comments

• GRE tunnel?

Thanked by 1postcd
  • Nginx reverse proxy?

• you can use nginx reverse proxy

• @2298 said:
    you can use nginx reverse proxy

thx, possible attacker will be unable to discover real server IP if only webserver is proxiffied?

Thanks for gre_tunnel advice. It appears like a solution. Here are some commands from yours mentioned tutorial explained: http://itschr.is/?p=145
    Im surprised i did not found any other tutorial which solve this proxyfying, im probably using bad search phrasses, not sure

• @postcd said:
    thx, possible attacker will be unable to discover real server IP if only webserver is proxiffied?

I'm sorry, i didn't get what you mean :D

• postcd said: Thanks for gre_tunnel advice. It appears like a solution. Here are some commands from yours mentioned tutorial explained: http://itschr.is/?p=145 Im surprised i did not found any other tutorial which solve this proxyfying, im probably using bad search phrasses, not sure

I could not find a howto either and then remembered the buyvm one. I blame search personalization ~

There can be leaks from any application. Either the attacker can get it to use the actual IP for an outgoing connection, or see it on an info/config page.

I'd say reverse proxy should be fine but.. you never know. :D

• @4n0nx said:

GRE tunnel is probably his best bet

• ZeastZeast Member
    edited September 2015

Im using OpenVPN but it's too slow , I think and recommend GRE , now I'm learning how to set-up correctly.

• @postcd said:
    possible attacker will be unable to discover real server IP if only webserver is proxiffied?

Yes. If there is any functionality from your server to other servers/sites that a user can trigger, it is possible to get you real IP. For example, a WP user could add upload an image from a url he controls and log your real ip when WP tries to fetch the image.

Thanked by 1postcd