Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which kimsufi server to go with? At a road block right now... mKS 2G vs KS R-4G
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Which kimsufi server to go with? At a road block right now... mKS 2G vs KS R-4G

curtisgcurtisg Banned
edited December 2012 in Providers

I'm trying to figure out what kimsufi system to go with, I have two options in mind:
mKS 2G and KS R-4G.

For what I need it for is a server for Central VPS control panel, now I wanted to ask LET a question on which would be better for a site, a vps to run on it(demo vps creation for central vps control panel). I was thinking more the KS R-4G just because 2GB ram is not a lot, however I wanted LET opinion.

I've spent time reading reviews(2 1/2 hours) and it shows that the network is abused quite a bit, mostly people running seedboxes on them so that is making me reconsider it, because if its abused I don't want to be effected.

My next factor is that if I don't decide to go with kimsufi what would be a better place to go with, because KS is the only provider I find that can give those specs for that low of a price. About 1/4 of the reviews I read were bad reviews saying how the network is constantly slow.

My budget for this month would be $30, it would be my maximum monthly budget. The KS R-4G would cost $26, the mKS 2G would cost $13.

So, what do you think? As I don't need the server urgently as I have some bugs to fix on the admin side of the script (small xss I found).

Comments

• DavidxDavidx Member
    edited December 2012

Why that much ram for a vps panel!??

• Why not just run the VPS panel on a smaller VPS?

I see no difference except you'd be getting a better network.

• If this is Solus....

ss

We're just using a BuyVM KVM.

• DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited December 2012

"mKS 2G and KS R-4G."

If you order an mKS 2G you have a 50/50 chance of getting an N2800 instead of the slower Atom 1.2GHz.

• @DomainBop said: If you order an mKS 2G you have a 50/50 chance of getting an N2800 instead of the slower Atom 1.2GHz.

You are correct! I ordered a mKS2G 2 days ago and it turns out indeed to be a N2800!

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

2GB RAM works fine for me for developing CVM.

• @DomainBop interesting....
    @joepie91 cool. :p

I think I'm going to go with mKS 2G

• @SimpleNode said: If this is Solus....

Is that solusvm in the screenshot?

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@curtisg said: About 1/4 of the reviews I read were bad reviews saying how the network is constantly slow.

not only, the support - sales issues non existing (you will be lucky if you will get reply within 24 hours), I know that the service is unmanaged.

• Network is great, one of the best you can get in fact...
    Stop complaining about support, it's a massive operation with a great control panel.

• @BronzeByte said: Stop complaining about support, it's a massive operation with a great control panel.

Agreed, You can do pretty much everything from the control panel and very rarely do you need support. And if you do you can find the email address of some higher ups who will get you help right away.

• DamianDamian Member
    edited December 2012

Solus:

[root@vpscp ~]# free -m
    total used free shared buffers cached
    Mem: 8192 1495 6696 0 0 65
    -/+ buffers/cache: 1430 6761
    Swap: 128 27 100
    [root@vpscp ~]#