Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kimsufi availability scam ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Kimsufi availability scam ?

Hi,

I have been monitoring the Kimsufi webpage really frequently with a custom app to check whether a specific type of server becomes available.

And now it seems that the page says there were server available during the period I was checking, but I did not notice any availability.

Manually I noticed that the "last server delivered at ..." sometimes shows an older date/time than before ?

Is it just a scam to trick potential customers into coming back to the page because they "just missed an availability' slot ??

Thanks

Comments

• no, someone beat you to it.

• I doubt it.
    They're not a company ran by teenagers and have really limited stocks. They don't need such tricks.

But do remember, they have multiple datacentres and locations. The version of the webpage and availablity might be different.

And also remember that as soon as you hit on "order" you don't get a server. After the validation you get your server "delievered".

• Don't you just love people who are calling scam on everything?

P.S., OP just scammed me 30s of my time reading this post.

Thanked by 2Junkless ucxo
  • dont think so, i try so many monitoring and got no luck on them. the last one i tried is http://kimsufi.cf/ and thanks god, i have it.... even i have to wait for more than 48 hours, it redirect you to the sales page after it detect avaliabilty. hope this help u anyway :D

Thanked by 1raptorpeanutbuttr
  • It's not a scam.

What happens here is there's a team of French people laughing at you, every time you get an "out of stock" message. They add and then remove stock immediately so that they can see the amount of people whose day they made worse. :)

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

Don't forget that if it was stock a couple seconds ago, no one stop other customer to purchase it and it will became out stock. You are not alone and other people do purchase services from them too..

• OVH is scam?

• Why would a business "scam" you into coming to a page where you can't actually purchase a product they sell? Sounds rather counter-intuitive, don't you think?

• just an idea... I just could not explain why the 'last delivered date" sometimes go back in time ? anyway ...

• @wlambrechts said:
    just an idea... I just could not explain why the 'last delivered date" sometimes go back in time ? anyway ...

Doctor Who purchased those servers.

Thanked by 2AuroraZ Pwner
  • Nekki said: Doctor Who purchased those servers.

Yes, but the Doctor making ripples in time would alter our perception of our semi-linear travel thru the timey wimey spacey wacey... thing.

• @Rallias said:
    Yes, but the Doctor making ripples in time would alter our perception of our semi-linear travel thru the timey wimey spacey wacey... thing.

Nerd.

Thanked by 1Rallias
  • Nekki said: Nerd.

Thank you.

Thanked by 1Nekki
  • @Rallias said:
    Yes, but the Doctor making ripples in time would alter our perception of our semi-linear travel thru the wibbly wobbly timey wimey... thing.

There, corrected.

• Nekki said: Nerd.

That is Geek to you Mr. one testicle.

Thanked by 1Nekki