Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LF: offshore microsoft exchange mail hosting
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LF: offshore microsoft exchange mail hosting

akzakz Member
edited September 2015 in Requests

anyone know of any reputable offshore exchange providers? need to have good uptime with a reasonable price. Privacy / free speech friendly preferred. Must be able to connect with BES (blackberry enterprise server)

Comments

• ExpertVMExpertVM Member, Host Rep

managed or unmanaged? For BES, better if you can bring your own license

• akzakz Member
    edited September 2015

@ExpertVM said:
    managed or unmanaged? For BES, better if you can bring your own license

i will bring my own license will you be able to supply bes server as well? would look for comparrison on both manage and unmanaged options. Currently looking to get our own BES server setup and outsourcing the exchange but if a full package could be provided that would be an option i am open to looking into.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

I'm not sure that you will find a provider that will allow you to connect your BES to their Exchange server.

I know the company I work for doesn't allow anything like that in the shared environment.
    You would have to get an Exchange server dedicated to you and your company.

• ExpertVMExpertVM Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2015

@akz yes you need to get the entire environment setup to be dedicated to you. Shared environment is not do-able at the moment. Do PM me your email address and I will pass on to the right department to advice you further.

• @mikho thanks for the insight; is there a reason why most providers do not allow BES to connect to their shared exchange?

@ExpertVM send you PM

• @akz said:
    mikho thanks for the insight; is there a reason why most providers do not allow BES to connect to their shared exchange?

>

Delegation, when linking BES to Exchange there's no way to tell it to only to use mailboxes/users from a specific mailbox database or AD OU meaning that you could essentially link anyones mailbox to a BES Device without user authentication rendering shared user accounts insecure.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

What @rmlhhd said, the shared Exchange is most often run within one Active Directory, you seperate your customers by putting them in different OUs.
    I do not know the exact setup for Office 365 but I think you all get your own AD since you are allowed to do AD connections to it. With that I would say that Office 365 (Exchange online) is the closest you will come a shared environment that allows you to connect stuff to it.