Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How long have you been with your current LEB provider? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How long have you been with your current LEB provider?

13»

Comments

• @yomero did they posted an offer on LEB before? Heard of them

• I am with CoreVPS --> A2B2 --> Vaserv --> Fsckvps --> CheapVPS (now) since 2005 :-)

Even the current brand "CheapVPS" has changed hands 3-4 times ever since the company was sold by Rus Foster.

• rgenzon said: @yomero did they posted an offer on LEB before? Heard of them

http://lowendbox.com/tag/fanaticalvps-com/

• I've used ramnode, ipxcore, ginernet, bandwagon, and of course my own LAB provider Click VPS.net. I only keep the one at ramnode for accessing Netflix US content :)

• rgenzon said: How about you guys?

Way too long

• @scy lol LEB addiction

Thanked by 1scy
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

rgenzon said: @scy lol LEB addiction

Actually LEB addicition means more you buy a lot of VPS and you let expire while idle.

• sinsin Member
    edited September 2015

I move around a lot (lowend addiction) but I always go back to VULTR, Leaseweb, and Ramnode.

I bought a sweet plan from Dediserve a few weeks ago so I'm hoping to stick a lot of my websites on that due to the dedicated cores and nice SLA.

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • @sin said:
    I move around a lot (lowend addiction) but I always go back to VULTR, Leaseweb, and Ramnode.

Is Vultr cheap? Or their pricing is like Digital Ocean?

• @rgenzon said:

Their pricing is like Digital Ocean but they give you a little more resources for the money - for example their $5 plan gives you 768MB of ram instead of DO's 512mb.

• My oldest vps maybe with Prometeus since 2012

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • I am relatively new. I got my first VPSs in 2012. I have not changed providers, but they changed on me. The first two VPS providers sold their businesses to large companies. I still have the VPSs at their original monthly rates. The current rates are more than double for new customers. One VPS runs under KVM. The new company does not offer KVM VPSs anymore, so I feel lucky there, too.

• @sin that's not even bad at all imo

• @emg which company are you with? That's pretty tight

• emgemg Veteran
    edited September 2015

@rgenzon said:
    emg which company are you with? That's pretty tight

I have multiple VPSs, but the first two I started with were:

(OpenVZ) YourDomainGoesHere, now part of Webline-Services. The YourDomainGoesHere website points to "DomainsAtCost", which is owned by Webline-Services. The YDGH founder moved on to form another VPS provider, BitAccel. I was very pleased with YDGH, so I signed up for another VPS when BitAccel opened for business. I still have that one, too. BitAccel had two glitches over the last couple years - once when they did a hardware upgrade (with a slow backup/restore cycle) that took several days to complete, and another time when their upstream provider yanked their leased IP addresses on zero notice. Now they have their own IP addresses (from ARIN), and I am glad I stuck with them. Service and support are great.

(KVM) FrontRangeHosting, now TotalServerSolutions. TotalServerSolutions moved my KVM VPS from Colorado to Los Angeles after they acquired FRH. I preferred it in Colorado, but the compensation was that it moved to a much faster and more powerful server with SSD instead of HDD.

Interestingly enough, both companies had founders named "Corey" - Corey Manshack (@Corey) and Corey Touchet (@FRCorey), respectively. They were both active here on LET back in 2012, now much less so. Corey Manshack (BitAccel) is active on VPSboard. I recommend all of the companies mentioned above. They are still a good value and deliver quality reliable services. I feel lucky to have found them at great rates, but I also found some bad apples, too, which I dropped.