Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

iKoula new promos
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

iKoula new promos

netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Limited to 20 pieces.

Specs

Atom family processor

4 Gb Ram - 1 Tb Sata Hd

100 Mbps Full Duplex

Choice of OS :

Debian 8 64

Price

9.99 euro/mo Six month commitment

Setup fee : 9.99 euro

Taxes extras

Accepted method of payments

Paypal

Credit cards

Bank tranfer

Order link

https://express.ikoula.com/en/dedicated-server and go to green servers.

Comments

• Issam2204Issam2204 Member
    edited September 2015

The real offer was the one they did in the past..same thing for 5€.

For the same price you can have a KS-2 witgh 2 TB storage and DDR3 RAM.

Thanked by 1dgprasetya
  • Issam2204 said: For the same price you can have a KS-2 witgh 2 TB storage and DDR3 RAM.

KS2 is 1TB, 2TB if you are lucky.

• 2TB are most common than you think. Had them three in a row.

• Issam2204 said: 2TB are most common than you think. Had them three in a row.

not official though, hence the luck part

• ehabehab Member
    edited September 2015

this has 6 months price.

maybe our @Ikoula can convince sells to bring price down to 5 again?

• @ehab said:
    this has 6 months price.

maybe our Ikoula can convince sells to bring price down to 5 again?

That would be awesome as I paid last time for the €5 server but never got one :(

• Issam2204 said: That would be awesome as I paid last time for the €5 server but never got one :(

Hopefully they refunded you?

• @Traffic said:
    Hopefully they refunded you?

Sure they did. They refunded me completely. But you know, the bitterness was there.

• @Issam2204 said:
    The real offer was the one they did in the past..same thing for 5€.
    For the same price you can have a KS-2 witgh 2 TB storage and DDR3 RAM.

I have one of those 5€ servers and it was a steal. Server runs absolutely without any problems (if you are happy with Debian), support used only for setup was fast, so far so good, so based on my few months experience I wouldn't compare these to KS where you got, as I red, absolute lowend of services and consider this as a quite nice offer.

• IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep

Thank you @ehab to have mentionned me in this discussion. Despite my efforts once a promo is set it cannot be changed.

Thank you @netomx for creating this thread.

Thank you @steny for this short but very nice review. We do our best to help our customers.

To everyone there's only a couple of server left.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Issam2204 said: Sure they did. They refunded me completely. But you know, the bitterness was there.

I know what you mean. The "the-time-I-spent-with-this-is-not-refunded" feeling :)

Thanked by 1Issam2204
  • For 5 euro it would make a great deal. 10 euro is a bit too expensive...

• So we can wait for someone elae to grab the last unit a 10 e ans after there are no more available you can make an offer at 5 euros

Thanked by 2scy Issam2204
  • i have no good experiences with Ikoula, i would say stay away from them..

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@Tripleflix said:
    i have no good experiences with Ikoula, i would say stay away from them..

Care to share? I have one of the i3 promos and it is working flawlessly.

• The price does not seems to be low end.

• Exact price and similar specs to KS-2 which is, i think, generally considered as a lowend server :)

• Still servers available, so I guess this is generally considered as not that great kind of offer.

• @wlambrechts said:
    Still servers available, so I guess this is generally considered as not that great kind of offer.

A 6 month contract is hard for the LE* crowd to swallow unless the price per month is amazing.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited September 2015

I have 2 dedis with them, support is fast, pushing some TB's per Month, everything is fine. No issues so far.

http://status.x8e.net/mb.php

• Infinity580 said: I have 2 dedis with them, support is fast, pushing some TB's per Month, everything is fine. No issues so far.

Nice graph, that's quite some bandwidth! Would you ming sharing what you use those servers for?

Is it really MB/s or is it Mb/s? (MBytes vs Mbits)

edited September 2015

Its MB/s, Yacy/TOR/Torrent/Archiveteam, even the torrent is not running atm, Transmission is instable as shit.

Thanked by 1scy
  • Infinity580 said: I have 2 dedis with them, support is fast, pushing some TB's per Month, everything is fine. No issues so far.

I really like that graph!

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Yacy is an interesting project. Does a node needs a lot of HDD space?

• IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep

@Infinity580 Thank you.

As i said we take care of our customers and are always open to discussion, if we can do it we will.

Thanked by 1Issam2204
  • ZweiTigerZweiTiger Member
    edited September 2015

I got this promo server. Uptime is around 67 day. So far so good! I never tried their critical services only this promo for backup. But good! Your choice :)

Well for me the setup was terrible and the proccess.. but anyway. I got it. And i will own it for years..

Also their 100mbit connection is.. not enought for anything. I got 200mbit connection at my home lol. So sometimes i want to peak it but thats the limit. You have to pay. But we are in France where who care about traffic.. i mean others not care.

• Crazy offers, but very good!

edited September 2015

@scy said:

Depends on the ammount if Websites you want to index, usually for 8 Websites like 50gig.
    But the real issue is CPU and I/O, i spikes often to 100% Load on one core+ and the I/O of the HDD is not low. Basically a VPS provider would likely suspend you.

• Ok, thanks! :)