Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Statuscake & Nodeping
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Statuscake & Nodeping

Can anyone speak for the reliability of Statuscake and/or Nodeping? I've been trying Uptime Robot and large patches of most days just have no data at all.

Comments

• Statuscake works pretty well.

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

NodePing is solid. Very responsive support as well.

Thanked by 2NodePing doghouch
  • Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

Use nodeping. Have used both. Status cake is prettier but nodeping works better

Thanked by 1NodePing
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

I use and recommend @NodePing

Thanked by 1NodePing
  • I've used NodePing for a little while and seems to be doing the trick but it doesn't support IPv6 :(

Thanked by 1NodePing
  • Statuscake wasn't great the last time I used it, a lot of missed alerts and false positives compared to other monitors. NodePing was much better, but lost out to Monitis in the end.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

I use both Nodeping and Statuscake, although Nodeping is always usually the quickest to pick anything up. It's a simple no-fuss service, the interface doesn't look amazing but for alerts and reliability, it's good.

Thanked by 1NodePing
  • @NodePing do you guys support Slack (or have plans to)? Could probably hack something together with webhooks, but out of the box support would be nice

• mikeyur said: do you guys support Slack (or have plans to)?

No, we don't currently support Slack but we do have plans to add a contact method via their webhooks. We spoke with them about an 'official' integration but the hoops are too small, many, and far apart to warrant the time it will take to develop.

Many thanks to all for the kind words. We value reliability, accuracy, and speed. We ain't the brightest crayon in the box but we get it colored.

• I'm using Uptime Doctor right now, free 1 minute monitoring for 5 services

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Happy with StatusCake, although we are using them for a month. Reliability comparable with Pingdom, so far we are very happy with them, and even more with the feature set the y provide. If they carry on like that we are going to slowly switch towards them.

• @Nick_A said:
    NodePing is solid. Very responsive support as well.

NodePing +1

Thanked by 1NodePing
  • i love nodeping :D

Thanked by 1NodePing
  • KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

NodePing gets my vote. I just cleaned up my account so I'm down to only 70 monitors. :)

Thanked by 2raindog308 NodePing
  • Noticed that Statuscake was not notifying me of downtime then backtiming latter (downtime was recorded a couple of hours later 10 minutes before it happened). I have lost all trust with them.

• Thanks all. I tried Nodeping and it seems to work very well.

Thanked by 1NodePing
  • @jh and other guys i know the best one! https://uptimenode.net/aff.php?aff=2 :P (affilate)