Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hosting Panel (Security Worry-free) Other than cPanel - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hosting Panel (Security Worry-free) Other than cPanel

Comments

• deployvmdeployvm Member, Host Rep

I suggest you take a look at Plesk 12 but you need to purchase a monthly license.

• @hostnoob said:
    also on Licensecart, you can get Interworx for free (single domain license)

Not used it but it looks pretty solid.

I ran it for a while, it's not bad makes an interesting alternative to cpanel.

• Jar said: Sentora/zPanel, I will ship you a jar full of my tears if you install it.

Tears of laughter I hope :P

Thanked by 1netomx
  • For Security don't use either:

VirtualMin: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1457075&p=9377849#post9377849

zPanel / Sentora: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1464414&p=9399137#post9399137

CentOS Panel: can't find it but you can search on WHT if you have more time.

Rack911Labs on Paid control panels: http://files.rack911labs.com/whitepapers/RACK911_Labs_-_Year_In_Review-2013.pdf

• mpkossen said: You can install it right now if you want to. It's a great theme and there's some serious effort being spent on it.

This. I use this theme for quite long now, there is a straight forward option in theme installer to use it, takes just a few seconds. Very nice skin, with all options of the plain webmin/virtualmin.
    As of panels, Virtualmin/Webmin is indeed the best but not for newbies. It need manual configs for a lot of things to gain the best performance of it and tune web/mail/ftp etc.
    A better option would be ISPconfig as of end user, but to set it up is (for non experienced users) complicated (there are of course the extremely detailed "complete server installation" guides for almost every scenario you could imagine).

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

Oh, Quite a Lot of Panels' Information. It seems that VirtualMin is more active in development than others ?? CentOS Web Panel has a cPanel Migration Tool, does it really work ?

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider
    edited September 2015

Profforg said: Order to write your own. That's the only way to be secure.

Your custom-written panel could just as easily have vulnerabilities in it. It's much more complex than that.

Profforg said: Afterwards you should choose hosting-provider wisely and be sure to guarantee security of your website's infrastructure.

Harder than it looks, but depends on your requirements. Physical attacks are a thing. Unless you own the infrastructure, you don't have any guarantees.

Profforg said: If someone has source code of software, there are always something to worry about.

This has nothing to do with it - if anything, keeping your source code hidden makes it more likely that there are undiscovered security issues, because less people can audit it. See also here and here.

Hi All, I installed CentOS Web Panel, it's loaded with many exciting featurex but the Only Problem is it's very resource hungry. Anyone using it ??

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • joepie91 said:
    Your custom-written panel could just as easily have vulnerabilities in it. It's much more complex than that.

Agree. If you have no prior knowledge in security and/or attack vectors chances that you will have a security vulnerability are relatively higher. And I'm not just talking about the common "SQL Injection".

Thanked by 1emg
  • Mahfuz_SS_EHL said: Hi All, I installed CentOS Web Panel, it's loaded with many exciting featurex but the Only Problem is it's very resource hungry. Anyone using it ??

I have tested it a lot. It is good, stable and full of features. But it is indeed recourse hungry, you have to use at least 1GB of memory to perform well.

• @Mahfuz_SS_EHL did you use the search? I remember atleast a handful of threads with exactly the same subject as yours. And there are lot of replies with reviews and opinions about existing panels.

• NexHostNexHost Member
    edited September 2015

webuzo is a great option. and is some what secure. not sure 100%. as there is exploits in nearly all software. How ever the way that webuzo is built. you get access to the Latest Software with automatic updates.

• kloxo-mr --> choose: hiawatha web server = easy, secure & speedy

• sorry : "no one perfect" include cpanel

• If that's all you're basing your opinion on...:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1457075&p=9380285#post9380285

Not saying your wrong or trying to be right. Just saying that you seem to base your opinion on one post only and in my eyes, that's not a good thing.

Thanked by 1Rolter
  • there is this theme for virtual min as well
    http://www.luizlopes.com/virtualmin/

@mpkossen said:
    Not saying your wrong or trying to be right. Just saying that you seem to base your opinion on one post only and in my eyes, that's not a good thing.

I've seen that the issues were fixed then and there was a mis-understanding on WebMin & VirtualMin.

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

best is vestacp or ispconfig.

vestacp is easy to install and manage

ispconfig is a bit tough...

virtualmin is very tough to install and manage, if you are a newbie...

@arpanjot said:
    there is this theme for virtual min as well

Seems worth trying :)

• @arpanjot said:
    there is this theme for virtual min as well

Thanks for sharing. This looks beautiful and quite modern. I have some spare idle servers. Might install it and apply the theme.

• @netomx said:
    zPanel is the best

No security no worry

• jmginerjmginer Member, Patron Provider

Virtualmin

• VestaCP seems to be OK, but if you are worried about security install things in command line

• @Awmusic12635 said:
    Security should always be a worry

precisely, nothing on this earth is perfect

• I would like to suggest Webuzo for single site.

• @DhruboHost said:
    I would like to suggest Webuzo for single site.

Thanks for grave digging this thread.

Good news, we've already determined zPanel is the best! It comes with a security policy, "We promise we will ensure it's vulnerable to get you hacked" - no need to worry about it getting hacked, it's guaranteed!

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

deadbeef said: Like women, some get hit much more than others - for good reasons.

I get what you're saying but...I have a hard time anthropomorphizing cPanel into an attractive woman.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

I read alot of comments that VestaCP "might" be insecure. Can anyone post a link or post some "proof" that it really is insecure?

I haven't looked over the code myself so I can't say anything about it but I like the simplicity of VestaCP.

I'm about to do some major changes in my life when it comes to hosting my websites and as today I'm looking at using VestaCP as "backend" and create my own solutions from there.
    I really want someone to post anything that would change my mind about this before I go to far......

• @ToggledNS said:
    Good news, we've already determined zPanel is the best! It comes with a security policy, "We promise we will ensure it's vulnerable to get you hacked" - no need to worry about it getting hacked, it's guaranteed!

Never used it, I'll definitely try soon. great to know that it is free :)