Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OnApp for SolusVM Service Providers - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OnApp for SolusVM Service Providers

13»

Comments

• jenokjenok Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2015

Nick_A said: What happens when you become AWS? Should someone else "fight back" against you?

^_^

• @ditlev said:
    D

Wish you had infra in Buenos Aires.

• @William said:
    Still not very transparent then.

I'm not sure what you mean ?

• @Nick_A said:
    What happens when you become AWS? Should someone else "fight back" against you?

I wish !, but we are not a provider nor have any hardware, should the Federation become bigger than AWS ?, thats our goal, but that is for the benefit of the federation sellers and buyers, so that they themselves can compete :)

• @inthecloudblog said:
    Wish you had infra in Buenos Aires.

I know we have providers with clouds in the area, it's a matter of time before they provide access, I will poke somebody local and ask for a timeframe.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • NullMind said: I'm not sure what you mean ?

Who is this "Uptime Alliance"? Do they rent space in host1 or are they host1? Where are they based?

They seem to run quite a lot of cloud.net locations.

• mrmipsmrmips Member
    edited September 2015

would prefer to see more details on all providers in the federation.

• I see both sides in this, is it for the LET market? No. Take it up a level to the home user or the small business that needs services that you would not be able to provide. Those for me are rich targets for this.

They are not so price sensitive or so concerned about who pays who, provides support and so on. There are very few differences to this compared to the way many are doing it right now.

Is this however an enticement package where costs are going to change. Yep, without doubt. But all in all for the right people this could well be a great opportunity.

Totally get the comments from providers and their concerns, but I also see the opportunity to outgrow many of you with less cost, risk and effort, do I care about crossing the morality line if it exists? Nope, I certainly care about customer experience but only where it can make a profit.

• ditlevditlev Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@mrmips said:
    would prefer to see more details on all providers in the federation.

we have quite a lot of the info public here: http://onapp.com/sellers/detail

• Slightly of topic but didn't Hostgator move everything out of Soft layer and into EIGs Provo facility a couple of years ago?

• ditlevditlev Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@lazyt said:
    Slightly of topic but didn't Hostgator move everything out of Soft layer and into EIGs Provo facility a couple of years ago?

yup, I think they did ... but I am sure there are still servers left in the old theplanet facilities. Either way, it was more to make a point :)